HOGWARTS
HOGWARTS
HOGWARTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOGWARTS

Are you a witch or a wizard? If you are, then this is the place to be! Happy spell casting!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

In the slytherin commonroom completing homework

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Falcon
Falcon

Galleons : 21109

In the slytherin commonroom completing homework Empty
PostSubject: In the slytherin commonroom completing homework   In the slytherin commonroom completing homework EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:23 am

I sat down on the couch, I took of my robe and lay out the homework I had onto the table just before I let out a groan. It was a lot of Herbology homework, I had to write a two parchment essay on both Venomous Tentacula and Snargaluff pods. It was bad enough that I had to go through a double period of it but homework, unbearable! I thought about my sister Eva who was in Hufflepuff and was extremely good in Herbology but she was a third year and I was a sixth year so there was no way she could help me and even if she could I was too proud to ask for her help again. I was looking at the fire as I thought this the crackling of the wood snapped me out of my world and brought me back to Herbology. I grabbed a roll of parchment and started with the Tentacula essay with my reference books open in front of me. I also remembered that I had to practice my non verbal spells for Defense Against the Dark Arts. I decided on completing Herbology first knowing if I left it I would not come back to it, but I hoped someone who was fairly good at Herbology would come in.
Back to top Go down
Ravenclaw Runner
Admin

Galleons : 29745

PostSubject: Re: In the slytherin commonroom completing homework   In the slytherin commonroom completing homework EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:03 am

In the slytherin commonroom completing homework Tumblr_ly0hcxIJWo1qmuesuo1_500

Avery Taylor Pure walked into the Slytherin common after a fun day of painting by the black lake, not that she was going to tell anyone about that. Avery didn't notice the green paint splatter on her right shoe. At first glance, the common room seemed to be empty, but looking carefully at the place where she sat to do her homework every single day, she saw a soxth year Slytherin boy there. what was his name again, she thoughtbefore remembering, oh yeah, it's Kyler Hardwood, or something like that.

Deciding to sit down, she went over And sat down next to Kyler. She pulled out some small rocks and pebbles that she was going to use to practice her vanishing spells, though she doubted that she was going to get anywhere with it. Avery wasn't very good at Transfiguration as many of the people in her year knew. After sorting out the rocks from smallest to largest, she took out her wand and began to practice.

Avery Pure tapped the smallest pebble three times and sad the incantation they had learned in class. The black pebble turned into a light shade of gray, and possibly shrank ever so slightly, but it didn't vanish at all. She said to no one in particular, "These Vanishing Spells are a pain."

Back to top Go down
https://hogwartswitcheswizes.rpg-board.net
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: In the slytherin commonroom completing homework   In the slytherin commonroom completing homework EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 2:49 am

I looked up from my half finished essay to see Avery a fifth year walk in. I did not bother greeting her till she complained about the vanishing spells and decide I could not concentrate like this my gaze wondered to her shoe with paint on it but decided against commenting on it instead I said "Having problems with Transfiguration?" I asked "I could help you" I said "But are you good in Biology?" I asked taking out my wand hoping that she was.
Back to top Go down
Ravenclaw Runner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: In the slytherin commonroom completing homework   In the slytherin commonroom completing homework EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 12:49 pm

Kyler spoke to Avery Taylor Pure, asking if she need help with Transfiguration. Her first thought was to say, No, I think I handle my Transfiguration homework on my own. She didn't say that, though. Instead she looked up at Kyler and said, I suppose it wouldn't hurt if you did."

Kyler than asked her if she was any good at Biology. What the heck was Biology, she asked herself. It sounded kind of like Herbology, but was it the same thing? She put her wand down on the table and said, "Er, what is Biology? Is it related to Herbology in anyway, because of it is, I guess I'm okay with it. I'm certainly not the best."

Avery twiddled her thumbs; she currently had an Acceptable in Herbology but it was getting very close to being an Exceeds Expectations. Avery picked up her wand and tried the Vanishing Spell again on another pebble-sized rock. The outcome was similar to that of the first rock. Except, this time the rock was a clear whitish-gray color. She was getting closer to vanishing the rocks, but she still had yet to succeed.

Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: In the slytherin commonroom completing homework   In the slytherin commonroom completing homework EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 11:51 am

I sighed after hearing the comment on Biology, I turned to explain. " You see, my friend takes Muggle studies and she told me that Muggles call something similar to Herbology Biology and since I despise Herbology and we don't just study about herbs in it I just started calling it Biology." I finished the sentence really fast and was out of breath when I did. Regaining my breath I took out my wand and performed the vanishing spell making the stone dissapear, finishing the spell perfectly. I turned to her beckoning her to try "Concentrate on it, don't think of it as a problem or something you have to do just simply think of it not being there. I think there is no problem in your pronunciation or hand movement but actually in your concentration. Try again" I said encouraging her.
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

Galleons : 22073

PostSubject: Re: In the slytherin commonroom completing homework   In the slytherin commonroom completing homework EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 11:54 am

I walked in, looking around with my bag slung over my shoulder. I didn't have much homework, so I thought that I might be able to read or just have a nap. But I had a really good book in my bag, Quidditch Through the Ages, and I wanted to finish it before I went to sleep. I grit my teeth. Two people were right next to my favorite armchair in front of the fire. It would be hard to go there without initiating conversation. I thought about it. A conversation wouldn't be so bad. Sometimes it was annoying when I had to go around the castle all alone. I scanned over them - Oh, good. One of them was in my year. From the looks of it, he was doing his Herbology essay. I'd finished that a while ago, while eating lunch, since I didn't really have anyone to talk to. It wasn't that hard, but it seemed like Kyler - the name popped into my head, a resurfacing memore - was having trouble with it. I'd gotten an Exceeds Expectations in the OWL last year, so I was pretty sure I might manage to gain either an Acceptable or maybe even an Exceeds. I wasn't sure. I walked over to the chair and sat down. "Hi." I said, my voice perfectly even. Not too bright, not too hostile. "Are you doing the Herbology essay? I could help if you want." I looked over at the girl next to Kyler. She looked a little younger, maybe a fourth or fifth year. She was struggling with Evanesco, the vanishing spell. "Whenever I had trouble, I'd imagine the object that I had to vanish as someone's head, someone that I didn't like." I tried to say helpfully.
Back to top Go down
Ravenclaw Runner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: In the slytherin commonroom completing homework   In the slytherin commonroom completing homework EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 1:28 pm

Avery Pure tried thinking it was someone she hated—Katie Bell, a gryffindor's— head. It didn't really work all that well. Instead, she tried concentrating as best she could. On a first try, the rock was almost completely gone, and on the second try it seemed to work. She grinned up at Kyler. She said, "Thanks! So, what are you working on exactly, in Herbology? Maybe I'll be able to help."

Avery started working on all the rocks, to make them disappear. Some of the larger ones took two or three tries, but she seemed to be getting the hang of the Vanish Spells at last. Now, she would have to repay the favor to Kyler somehow, she just didn't know how. Maybe she would be able to help with his Herbology essay, but the year after OWLs was supposed to be really hard, and fifth year was already hard enough with all the homework they were given. She took out her Defense Against the Dark Arts textbook and opened it to a page towards the end. She had to write one roll of parchment on each of the Unforgivable Curses, due Friday. She didn't think she would have a problem with it. This subject was the most interesting subject she had ever taken.

Avery Pure dipped a green quill into an ink bottle and started to write about the Imperius Curse. Her first sentence was defining the Imperius Curse as the first curse we discussed in class. Then she went on to describe the effects of using the curse on someone, and how you were able to control someone by using the particular curse.

Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: In the slytherin commonroom completing homework   In the slytherin commonroom completing homework EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 6:49 am

"You are welcome"I said after she succeeded on her second try at the spell. I then turned to Lynda and greeted her, I took quite a few classes with her and she sat next to me in Herbology. "Lynda is in my grade so I think it would be better if I asked her for help" I said genuinely "and also I think you have got your hands full right now" I said pointing out her essay. I hoped she would not get offended because I rather liked her and even if you are in Slytherin its best not to make enemies with Slytherin. I turned to Lynda and said "help me, I have no idea how to do this and you know how bad I am in Herbology." While I waited for Lynda to decide how she was going to help I thought of ways I could keep the conversation going with Avery.
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

PostSubject: Re: In the slytherin commonroom completing homework   In the slytherin commonroom completing homework EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 9:28 am

I saw that he was seriously having trouble with the subject and felt sorry for him. "You can look at my essay if you want." I said, smiling and taking it out of my bag. I began to wonder why I'd forgotten his name. I'd talked to him a couple times. "Kyler, do you know the Defence homework? Or did we get any?" I hoped not. I didn't mind Defence, but I really didn't feel like doing any more homework. I looked at him, waiting for an answer.
Back to top Go down
Ravenclaw Runner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: In the slytherin commonroom completing homework   In the slytherin commonroom completing homework EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:27 pm

"Er, right..." Answered a disappointed Avery. Her voice, however didn't show it. She bent over her Defense Against the Dark Arts essay. In no time at all, she was half way done with her essays. Nearly two of the three essays were finished when she said, "Have any other homework? I thought fifth year is hell, but I heard sixth year is even worse!"

Avery Pure resumed writing. She soon started her final essay with The killing curse is probably the most intimidating and feared of the Unforgivable Curses.. She dipped her quill into the ink pot, noticing she would need to get some more ink, as she only had one pot full left. She quickly wrote a roll of parchment about the third and final killing curse and let her essay lay aside to dry. She thought for a moment; did she have anymore homework. yes, she had an essay on comparing and contrasting the uses and pretties of Wolrmwood and Asphodel. She took out two more rolls of parchment and set to work immediately, whispering to herself, "This is the last assignment for tonight."

Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: In the slytherin commonroom completing homework   In the slytherin commonroom completing homework EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:30 am

I thankfully accepted her essay basically copying it down but in a different way. I hoped the professor would not notice, but my vocabulary was pretty good so she probably would not notice. I was halfway through my essay, my quill racing on the parchment when I said "No, we have no more homework" I continued writing the fastest I could hoping to get over with this so I could relax and talk. I was signing my name on the finished essay when I realized I was still in my robes so I smiled gratefully and returned the essay and got up to get changed. "I'll be back in a minute." I returned a moment later and sat back on the couch. I was feeling much better and comfortable now. I wanted to start a conversation and I thought the best way would be to casually ask "So, have either of you considered going to the Yule ball?"
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

PostSubject: Re: In the slytherin commonroom completing homework   In the slytherin commonroom completing homework EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:50 am

"Well, I'm not sure." I said, shrugging. "I did get some nice dress robes just in case, but I mean, it's pretty close now and I haven't been asked yet so I guess I'll just do homework or something." I shrugged again. "It isn't really worth it - just a dance and some music, and that's it. I wouldn't mind going, though - if I could get a friend or two to come, it'd be really fun to go." I wasn't implying anything, just trying to make conversation. And I had bought the dress robes - they didn't have any ruffles or appliques or anything like that. Just plain, jade green. But I didn't think they looked that bad on me.
Back to top Go down
Ravenclaw Runner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: In the slytherin commonroom completing homework   In the slytherin commonroom completing homework EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 8:49 am

"I wanted to goo, but no one has really asked me, so I think I'll just hang around here that night.". Avery Pure said quietly, though not quietly enough because she was sure they had both heard her perfectly fine. She finished off her Potions work and set it to dry, putting her Defense Against the Dark Arts work away in her bag. She leaned back, relieved that she was finished her homework, but knowing she should be studying now. She didn't take out any textbook though. Instead she put all her textbooks away and closed her bag up, looking at her drying Potions essay.

Avery Pure didn't feel like waiting any longer. She used a quick ink drying spell on her Potions essay. She then rolled the parchment and put that in her bag. She leaned back and relaxed for the remainder of the evening, talking to a couple of sixth years.
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

PostSubject: Re: In the slytherin commonroom completing homework   In the slytherin commonroom completing homework EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 11:45 am

I smiled sympathetically at Avery, but said nothing. I leaned back on the sofa and considered pulling out my book, but decided against it. Kyler and Avery were both nice. Maybe I could get a couple of reliable friends - and everyone knows that I needed some. I stared into the depths of the fire until coals were embossed on the backs of my eyelids, waiting for someone to speak.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: In the slytherin commonroom completing homework   In the slytherin commonroom completing homework EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 11:53 am

"I am not going with anyone either." I said. I wondered aloud if I should go solo or just stay behind. Then looking at Lynda's look towards Avery I thought that maybe she was going with someone and decided to ask her about it. "So, I presume you are going with someone Lynda?" I waited for an answer to both my questions as I looked around realizing all of us had the plan to spend the evening chatting. Both of them were nice people so, if none of them got offended by my frankness we would get along pretty well. I searched my bag for something to eat and pulled out a pack of biscuits. I was just going to devour them when I realized I was missing out on my manners and first offered them both.
Back to top Go down
Ravenclaw Runner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: In the slytherin commonroom completing homework   In the slytherin commonroom completing homework EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 10:57 am

Avery Pure looked away from Lynda when she saw a look of sympathy on her face. If it was one thing she hated, it was someone who gave her sympathy. She thought for a few moments before saying, "Maybe we could all go as friends, in a group, and stuff."

Avery doubted she would go, but if either of them agreed, she would have to go. However, she was fine with that. She thought about what she would do if she didn't go. She would probably reek havoc on the students that were too hung to attend the Yule Ball.

Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

PostSubject: Re: In the slytherin commonroom completing homework   In the slytherin commonroom completing homework EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 12:41 am

I looked away from Avery, hurt. I didn't know that she didn't appreciate sympathy, so it wasn't my fault that she got offended. "I wouldn't mind that." I said softly. "And no, Kyler, I'm not going with anyone." I leaned back on the sofa and suddenly felt sad that no one had deemed me worthy enough to ask. "I should probably go." I murmured dolefully. Before anyone could say anything, I gathered up my books, placed them on the couch so I could collect them later, and left.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: In the slytherin commonroom completing homework   In the slytherin commonroom completing homework EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 6:54 am

I called out a farewell to Lynda but she had already left. I wondered aloud "I think she does not want to come with us, but will you come with me anyway" I asked frankly. I knew nost people didn't like me being that frank but I was not going to change. I waited for an answer as I stared into the fire its flickering mesmerizing me.
Back to top Go down
Ravenclaw Runner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: In the slytherin commonroom completing homework   In the slytherin commonroom completing homework EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:24 am

Avery Pure didnt have to think twice about it. Of course she would go if she was asked. She said, "No, I don't reckon she wants to go with us, either."

Avery took her wand out and levitated a piece of ripped parchment from the floor. She examined it, and then, without warning, she tossed it into the fire with a flick of her wand. Nashe then turned to Kyler and said, "Of course, we can go together."

Avery Pure turned away from him and smiled to herself. There was something about this Slytherin that seemed different from all the others. She like that about him, and she didn't like many things. She said, "Also, shall we meet in the common room? Or in the Great Hall? You can pick; I don't care which one we end up doing."

Avery waited politely for Kyler's reply, causing stuff to float around in the Commonroom, flying around throughout the dungeon.

Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: In the slytherin commonroom completing homework   In the slytherin commonroom completing homework EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 6:14 am

"Thanks for saying yes" I said I looked at my watch and ate my last cookie I threw the wrapper in the dustbin and got up with my bag "I'll meet you in the Hall itself" I said flashing a grin. "Meet you at the Yule Ball" I said taking one step forward then I stopped and took out my wand "Protego" I said casting the spell on myself. "Well, I don't want to be hit by something" I said almost to myself and walked out of the commonroom dissapearing into the series of corridors. I returned after sometime only to go into the boys dorm to get ready for the Yule Ball.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the slytherin commonroom completing homework   In the slytherin commonroom completing homework Empty

Back to top Go down

In the slytherin commonroom completing homework
Page 1 of 1