HOGWARTS
HOGWARTS
HOGWARTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOGWARTS

Are you a witch or a wizard? If you are, then this is the place to be! Happy spell casting!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch

Go down 
+2
Brennana
Ravenclaw Runner
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ravenclaw Runner
Admin

Galleons : 29745

"Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch Empty
PostSubject: "Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch   "Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 12:22 am

"Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch Ruth_r10
R U T H I E | W I T Z ||R A V E N C L A W

I sat on the bleachers with my broomstick by my side. It was a Firebolt, a pretty new and the best broom to have in the last decade. I was studying from my History of Magic textbook. We were learning about 'The Fall of Voldemort'. Over the past years at Hogwarts, I had learned that Harry Potter also had a Firebolt. That's some pretty cool stuff. I admired Harry Potter for his outstanding courage against Voldemort, but in this world, who didn't?

I knew what was coming up. I had only read this story a hundred before. Harry was about conquer over Voldemort. Even though I knew what would happen, I screamed every time this happened. And I did this time,
"Ahhhhhhhhhhh" I looked around me to see if anybody was watching or if anybody had heard me.
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartswitcheswizes.rpg-board.net
Brennana
Brennana

Galleons : 21888

PostSubject: Re: "Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch   "Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 12:50 am

"Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch Tumblr_m5qp9xLvNO1ryxphbo2_r1_500

Jim gripped his broom, a sleek black nimbus 2001. Yeah, his parents weren't totally rich, so a cool new broom model was out of the question. It's a miracle they even got him this broom at all. He walked in through the player's entrance into the wide stadium, though most of the bleachers were empty except for a few people here and there. He had grown used to the site of an empty, and even full stadium though training and playing still made him nervous, for he wasn't fond of heights though he could certainly tolerate them. He brought his arm in front of him and mounted the broom, kicking off and slowly rising into the air, careful to shift his weight evenly, though the broom did that for him most of the time. The models of these brooms got better every year. His soft brown eyes scanned the stadium, and he began to slowly fly from one end of the pitch to the other, working on smooth turning, when he heard a voice. A high pitch voice, no less, come from the stands. He wavered for a moment, and turned to look but it wasn't someone falling or some crazed fan, but a simple girl reading a book. He raised an eyebrow and watched to see what was going on, but he was careful not to make eye contact, and stay a relative distance away.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Newbies
Newbies

Galleons : 21671

PostSubject: Re: "Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch   "Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:03 am

"Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch Tumblr_lxvltpXoBc1qgxqjk

Kacey April Lawrence

Kacey Lawrence sat with her Potions book open on her lap and her cat snuggled against her. Even though it wasn't that far into the school year, it had begun to get chilly outside. Kacey loved being outdoors and studying because the fresh just really connected with her brain. Her eyes skimmed over the words quickly, not missing a single letter. Her lips moved, mouthing the words as she went along. She was so into her reading that when the scream sounded, she jumped about a mile in the air and had her wand whipped out and her cat jumped away from her, hissing. "Bloody hell," she mumbled under her breath, practically hissing at the girl, too.

Even though Kacey was startled, she wasn't all that mad. She was just slightly annoyed. She glanced at the girl again, her eyes scanning the girl for any signs of injury. When Kacey was sure that the girl wasn't hurt and just screaming for, what seemed to be, the hell of it, she narrowed her eyes slightly and regathered Merlin, her black cat. "Oh, baby, I'm sorry," she whispered to the cat, softly. She gave the cat a good stroke between his ears and he purred, obviously delighted with her actions. Honestly, Kacey's cat was definitely hard to please. Kacey glanced up again, her eyes on the field noticing a guy this time. He was just flying around in the air. It seemed as if he weren't doing anything but practicing flying. Kacey had always loved Quidditch, but only watching it. Playing it was a whole different story.

Her eyes stayed glued onto him the whole time, mesmerized by the fluidity of broom's movements.

Last edited by Zan on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ML
Newbies
Newbies

Galleons : 21822

PostSubject: Re: "Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch   "Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:13 am

"Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch Tumblr_m3xwauuL1w1r5cpiuo1_500_large

Madison walks into the quidditch pitch, holding her Firebolt. She was planning on getting some practice in. The only problem was that she hadn't been excepting to find other people there. She looks at all of the people, and kind of just stops in her tracts and stands there. The poor girl had no idea what to do. She had never been good with interacting with her peers. She had always prefered to be alone, reading a book. She bits her lip and mounts her broom. She kicks off from the ground, and she is soon soaring higher in the air.

Getting to the right height, Madison hovers in the air as she gets herself situated. She then takes off, doing laps around the pitch. The feel of the wind against her face felt amazing. She hadn't flown for a while, and she missed it. She needed to make a point to do this more often. "This is amazing"she yells loudly. When she was up in the air, she was almost a completly different person.

After a while of laps she drifts back towards the center of the pitch. She then makes her broom go down to the grassy field. "Any one fancy a bit of practice?"she asks them. She could use the practice, and she might as well ask them to join her.
Back to top Go down
Balisugar
Newbies
Newbies

Galleons : 21846

PostSubject: Re: "Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch   "Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:59 am

"Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch Tumblr_m5e582REo31r7ifqv

Brianna walked down to the Quidditch Pitch, Firebolt in hand. It was pretty new for her. She had got the broom as a present from her parents for getting great marks in her OWLs. Obviously Brianna hadn't been he best in her year, but she'd still done pretty well. Brianna usually used her free time for practice. As she made her way to the Pitch she heard someone scream. She sped up and soon the stands were in sight. There was a girl there, and another one a bit further away from her. There was a guy in the air, and a girl too. There seemed to be a lot of people here today. Brianna scanned the people, trying to see who had screamed. After a while sue just gave up. Everybody seemed fine now anyway.

Brianna mounted her broom and kicked off. She sailed into the air and did a few laps of the Pitch. She smiled with glee. As she was flying Brianna heard someone call out 'This is amazing'. Brianna definitely agreed. She turned her broom towards a girl who was hovering near the other people. She had asked if anyone wanted to practice.
"I'll practice with you, even though you're not in my house." Brianna volunteered. She loved to fly, it didn't really matter who with.
Back to top Go down
Voldemort
Newbies
Newbies

Galleons : 21826

PostSubject: Re: "Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch   "Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 12:52 pm

Silas

I came out on to the pitch with nimbus in hand. I had always imaged what he other student thought when a half blind kid started flying. Watching other students flew around the pitch i mounted my broom. I kicked off from the ground. "Come on then" I said tossing the Quaffle in the air.
Back to top Go down
Ravenclaw Runner
Admin

Galleons : 29745

PostSubject: Re: "Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch   "Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 8:31 pm

"Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch Ruth_r10
R U T H I E | W I T Z ||R A V E N C L A W

I closed the book and set it on the bleachers. I had made a fool of myself. There were so many people at the pitch today, it wasn't even funny. I decided to fly my broom. Taking my wand out, I recited the charm I'd known from my first year, "Wingardium leviosa." My pronunciation was perfect as usual. I pointed my wand at the grass down below me and the broom followed the wands movement. I stopped the charm and jumped down, landing not so gracefully on the grown. There I go again, humiliating myself. I mounted my broom and started circling the humongous golden hoops and the other witches and wizards that were flying.
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartswitcheswizes.rpg-board.net
Brennana
Brennana

Galleons : 21888

PostSubject: Re: "Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch   "Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 9:43 pm

"Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch Tumblr_m5qp9xLvNO1ryxphbo2_r1_500

Jim began to circle around the pitch. He watched as other kids began to rise into the air on their own broomstick, and he smiled seeing that the person that sneezed was a girl he recognized from his house. He waved kindly, but saw she wasn't paying attention. She seemed to be practicing with some other kids, so he drifted down low, next to the wooden stands and slowly drifted around the ring, watching the others practice, observing their moves and talents in case they were on the quidditch team or anything. He glanced in front of him to make sure he knew where he was going then looked back at the people practicing, only to do a double take. Who was that? Jim squinted across the field and saw a familiar figure with a cat-Kacey! She had helped him in potions class earlier that week. If she hadn't he would have received bottom marks on the assignment. He leaned forward and his broom pulled him forward towards Kacey. He hopped off into the stands landing on the bench a few feet down from Kacey, he looked over at her and smiled. "Hey!" he greeted. "Thanks again for helping me with potions," he said, sincerely.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Newbies
Newbies

Galleons : 21671

PostSubject: Re: "Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch   "Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:00 pm

Kacey April Lawrence

She tore her gaze away from the boy and looked down at her book, trying to make it seem like she hadn't been staring at him the whole time. She could never have any sort of relationship with Jim anyways. He wasn't a Slytherin and her friends were trying to hook her up with a boy that was in the Slytherin house anyways. As he approached her, Kacey looked up at him, pretending to just notice that he was there. She gave a soft smile, her eyes looking distant and cold. Though she was just doing it on purpose.

"Hi." She said, avoiding his eyes.

ooc; rofl i suck at life.
Back to top Go down
ML
Newbies
Newbies

Galleons : 21822

PostSubject: Re: "Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch   "Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:13 pm

"Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch Tumblr_m3xwauuL1w1r5cpiuo1_500_large

Madison smiles lightly and starts to drift upawards. Reaching comfortable flying height, she stops in her place and hovers there. She looks around at the others who agreed to play. "So how do we want to do this?" she asks them. She was considering taking charge, but she knew they wouldn't like that. Heck she was suprised some of them were talking to her. Most people really don't care for Slytherin's. She sighs softly and waits for them to talk. It seemed to be taking a while, so Madison decides to fly a bit.

She leans forward and goes zooming off. She circles around the pitch a few times. Slowly she returns to the group. "Decide on what we're doing yet?" she asks them. She then starts coutning them. They didn't have enough for a full on scrimage but they could play a modified version.
Back to top Go down
Balisugar
Newbies
Newbies

Galleons : 21846

PostSubject: Re: "Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch   "Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 7:40 am

"Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch Tumblr_m5cyd9MifR1rr33tx
Briana Aaire

Brianna frowned slightly as she tried to think of something to do. She watched as one of the girls zoomed off around the pitch and came back. She then asked if they had decided anything yet. Well, it's not like they were all going to magically think of something while she slacked off. "It depends whether you want to warm up or not." Brianna said eventually. Some people preferred to get straight to the fun stuff. Brianna had done that on a few occasions, but it was usually better to warm up first. She raised an eyebrow at all the people around her. She wasn't going to make all the decisions without their input. That would be rude. Brianna generally wasn't a rude girl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch   "Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch Empty

Back to top Go down

"Studying" at the Quidditch Pitch
Page 1 of 1