HOGWARTS
HOGWARTS
HOGWARTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOGWARTS

Are you a witch or a wizard? If you are, then this is the place to be! Happy spell casting!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

maybe i'll read in peace here [ silverspark ]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Moon
Moon

Galleons : 22167

maybe i'll read in peace here [ silverspark ] Empty
PostSubject: maybe i'll read in peace here [ silverspark ]   maybe i'll read in peace here [ silverspark ] EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 10:08 pm

][Only admins are allowed to see this image]

* Tucker Augustus Main

Tucker stepped into the owlery, his nose cringing in distaste. He hadn't wanted to study here, not really, but it seemed like the only place where his pride couldn't be stepped on by the likes of his younger sister, Ariana. Tucker hadn't ever liked her rat, Jeffery, ever since she got it. It was bad enough to deal with Finnick, his twin, and Rin only made matters worse. Avoiding owl droppings, he made his way over to a clean windowsill, and sat down. Wind biting at his face, he revealed his books. Opening his Defense Against the Dark Arts book, he began taking various notes on the spells scripted into the worn pages.

The wizard personally loved studying, taking notes, and school in general. While his brother and sister could disagree, Tucker considered it the best thing in the world. He loved magic, and all of the qualities that came along with it. Sure it meant that he was quite antisocial, and most people considered him an arrogant know - it all, but Tucker meant well. He just over prepared himself, and honestly didn't know how he wasn't already done with his schooling.

Hearing footsteps climb up the stairs, he jumped slightly. "Who's there?" Tucker called, his breath making a wisp of frozen air in front of him.

Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

Galleons : 22128

PostSubject: Re: maybe i'll read in peace here [ silverspark ]   maybe i'll read in peace here [ silverspark ] EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 3:40 am

I walked up the steps to the Owlery, ignoring the smell. I heard someone call out, but I ignored it. I cupped my hands under my elbows, shivering slightly from the cold. Entering the Owlery, I noticed a guy there - he must've been the one who called out. He looked kind of cute, but I probably wasn't his type. "Hi." I said briefly, digging out a quill and parchment. I whistled for Kiara, my cute little barn owl, and smiled at her, feeding her a bacon rind I'd snagged from the breakfast table. I glanced again at the guy. "I'm Danika." I said, not looking at him. I started writing, looking at him under my eyelashes to see if he would respond. Meanwhile, I wrote my letter.

Back to top Go down
Moon
Moon

PostSubject: Re: maybe i'll read in peace here [ silverspark ]   maybe i'll read in peace here [ silverspark ] EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 12:05 pm

* Tucker Augustus Main

Tucker recognized the girl from the day that Rin's rat scared the heck out of him. He noticed her shivering, but noted that he only had his cloak on, and would like to keep it on himself. "Hi," he replied softly. His gaze resting on his book once more, the sound of hooting owls becoming louder. The girl must've had an owl by her side or something. "Tucker," he replied, halfway done with his notes for this lesson. At the sound of his voice, Honeyduke, the Main's owl, began circling the wizard, making affectionate hoots.

"Honey, I'm studying," Tucker muttered, shooting an annoyed glance at the horned owl. Looking hurt, the bird flew over to Danika, resting nearby her. The boy, concentrating on his work, didn't even notice. Honeyduke began hooting again, nudging the girl's leg with her beak.

Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

PostSubject: Re: maybe i'll read in peace here [ silverspark ]   maybe i'll read in peace here [ silverspark ] EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 3:25 am

"Hey." I murmured, giving a rind to the other owl too. "You're adorable." I crooned. "She yours?" I asked, looking over at him. "Sorry if I'm bothering you - really, I am. But honestly, do you ever actually talk to people?" I asked frankly. "You are not going to get a date to the Yule Ball if the only things you flirt with are books." I was pretty much known for being blunt, but I didn't care. "Even if you are a good-looking seventh year." I knew I was blushing, but I pretended to be nonchalant.
Back to top Go down
Moon
Moon

PostSubject: Re: maybe i'll read in peace here [ silverspark ]   maybe i'll read in peace here [ silverspark ] EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 7:03 pm

* Tucker Augustus Main

Honeyduke crooned happily, downing the bacon rind in one gulp. The wizard perked up and looked over at his owl, affectionately nipping at Danika's fingers for more bacon. "Yes, she's my family's owl," he replied bluntly, eyes going back to his books. Hearing the girl comment again, his hazel eyes shot up instantly, narrowing slightly. "I'm talking to you, aren't I?" Tucker replied stiffly. He got that remark often, and usually spat back a stiff, forced reply. He didn't like offending people, he just liked being smarter than them.

Green eyes watching Honey continue to nibble at Danika's fingers twisted Tucker's face into a frown. She always was a sucker for food, and knew how to gain the affections of people quickly. The wizard guessed his brother, Finnick, taught her that. At the mention of the Yule Ball, the boy's frown intensified. He hated dances, personally, and usually never went to them. At Danika's second comment, Tucker's frown turned into a wide grin. "Oh yes, us seventh years are such eye candies," he said sarcastically. "What year are you in, exactly?"

Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

PostSubject: Re: maybe i'll read in peace here [ silverspark ]   maybe i'll read in peace here [ silverspark ] EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 2:47 am

"Oh, calm down, stifflip." I said, exasperated. "I'm just saying. And every guy needs to go to a dance sometime in his life. Try it out, believe me, there'll be girls queueing up to go with you. And by the way, not all seventh years are eye-candies. So far, you're pretty much the only one I've seen." I shrugged. "I'm a fifth year. A fifth year that's not going to the dance, supposedly." I shrugged again. "I guess I'm just too annoying for any guy to ask. Oh, well. I'll probably go, you know, solo." I said nonchalantly.
Back to top Go down
Moon
Moon

PostSubject: Re: maybe i'll read in peace here [ silverspark ]   maybe i'll read in peace here [ silverspark ] EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 10:10 am

* Tucker Augustus Main

Tucker let the playful smirk drift along his lips for a few more moments, simply shrugging at Danika's words. "Are you hinting at wanting to be one of those girls?" he asked with a confident smile. Truth be told, the boy hadn't been planning on going to the dance, but seeing that he bad practically all of his homework for that night done, maybe he could take a break. He had been working non stop for a long time anyways, and wasn't really accustomed to fun and whatnot. "Solo?" the wizard repeated, wondering if she was as fine as she looked. He had seen dances rip girls apart to try and get dates. He had usually thought it to be stupid.

Raising an eyebrow at Danika, Honey cooed and nibbled at her ear, apparently making new friends quickly. "You could go with Honey, she loves you," Tucker suggested with a goofy grin.

Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

PostSubject: Re: maybe i'll read in peace here [ silverspark ]   maybe i'll read in peace here [ silverspark ] EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 10:21 am

"Oh, please." I said derisively. "I don't queue up for anyone - if I like someone, I wait and see if they like me back. And if they don't, I move on. That's it, really. As for the solo remark - why not? I'm only going to dance, anyway. And to have fun. So unless a guy - a good guy, mind you, not one of those clobberheads that just want a girl to be popular -" I broke off to scoff. "Unless one asks me, I'll go solo, and I bet I'll have more fun than the girls who chose guys based on their looks only. I mean sure, there's a lot of guys. There's that fifth year Ravenclaw, Justin Long. He's quite fetching. But he's so arrogant. And besides, he's got his eye on that Adrianne. My sister's told me that she's funny - they ran into each other at the library." I stopped to take a breath, then laughed. "I talk a lot, don't I? And also - I'd prefer going with a human, just preferably, but I'll consider Honey as an option." I grinned and petted the owl.
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

PostSubject: Re: maybe i'll read in peace here [ silverspark ]   maybe i'll read in peace here [ silverspark ] EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 7:00 am

I guess I blushed a bit, but I acted like I hadn't. "I wouldn't mind." I said, deliberately not looking at him. "Going with you, I mean." I said. I glanced at him once, saw that he was smiling, and looked away, concentrating furiously on the letter I was supposed to be sending. I wrote it as slow as I could, not wanting to see his reaction. I thought that it would get warmer as the day dawned, but it seemed to be getting colder. I thought it stupid of me to not have worn a cloak before coming up here, but now it was so cold that if I didn't get a cloak soon, I'd have to leave without sending my letter. I decided to do just that. I had technically written to her a while ago and Haydyn would probably tell her everything that was going on. "I'll see you at the ball then." I said, without waiting for his reply, and left quickly, my steps echoing on the cool stone floor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: maybe i'll read in peace here [ silverspark ]   maybe i'll read in peace here [ silverspark ] Empty

Back to top Go down

maybe i'll read in peace here [ silverspark ]
Page 1 of 1