HOGWARTS
HOGWARTS
HOGWARTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOGWARTS

Are you a witch or a wizard? If you are, then this is the place to be! Happy spell casting!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Studying in the library

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kacky Snorgle

Galleons : 22063

Studying in the library Empty
PostSubject: Studying in the library   Studying in the library EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 1:45 pm

Studying in the library Tumblr_inline_mneth40m2U1qz4rgp

Justin Bryant Long
I walked among the shelves, searching for one book in particular that just could not be found. "Kettleburn....Keyrple....aha! Kfaghlschone." I muttered, smiling when I found the book. Stuart Kfaghlschone was a well-known astronomer, known for discovering fifty stars that were invisible to the human eye unless one ingested a potion that enhanced sight by seven times. I didn't know much about the potion, which was incidentally the one I was assigned - Professors. Always thought that Ravenclaws didn't mind hard work. I had looked through every potions book in the library that could possibly know about the potion. It didn't even have a name. I thought that Kfaghlshone might have put something about it in his huge, yellowed tome, titled Stars - A recollection of the night sky. I sighed, hefted the heavy volume, and headed over to the desk that I had been occupying. But when I rounded the corner of a bookshelves, someone was already sitting at it. Someone I knew quite well. I smiled and walked over to her.

Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

Galleons : 21099

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the library   Studying in the library EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:28 am

Adrianne Oakland
15-Fifth Year
I frantically rushed for the library, very annoyed with myself, how could I forget that we were assigned to search about Kfaghlscone's potion, I was whiling away time and completely forgot about it. What was worse is that I knew this particular potion was going to be hard to find. I entered the library in a rush which earned me a glare from the librarian and then speed-walked to the potions section. Gathering as many books for unusual potions that  could I hurried to a table. I opened the first book and quickly flipped through it scanning for any mention of reference to the potion. After ten minutes I was done with the book and moved on to the next one, this one was mostly focused on varieties of venom antidotes, so I decided I would save it for later because I was pretty sure that was our next topic. I opened the third book, hoping I would fing something in this but to no avail. I was pretty tired but continued with my search, I was almost done when I heard footsteps. I looked up to scan my surroundings, I saw a few of the tables occupied but other than the vast library was practically empty, well, it is late. Then I saw who it was walking towards me and broke out in a smile.
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the library   Studying in the library EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 12:25 pm

Justin Bryant Long
"Hey." I said, quietly, as to not alert the librarian. I hadn't seen Adrianne in weeks. The Yule Ball had been fantastic, but she had left before I had the chance to kiss her. She was in most of my classes, but we never had time to communicate, since OWLs were drawing near. I hadn't had a chance to tell her that I really, really, liked her, and to ask her...to ask her the question that I only wanted to hear yes to. For once, I was glad that Snape-the-slimy-git had assigned such an annoying potion. I sat down next to her and slid the book across to her. "Kfaghlschone?" I asked, smiling. "Git. Doesn't even name the potion. I do think that it was just a sight-enhancing potion, but there's no proof." I leaned ever-so-slightly closer to her. "I haven't seen you in a while." I said softly. "I missed talking to you - I even missed you telling me I was bigheaded." I chuckled silently, looking into her bright blue eyes.  
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the library   Studying in the library EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:04 pm

Adrianne Oakland
15-Fifth Year
"Hi," I said in reply to his greeting but could not help but notice how cute he looked because his hair was tousled like he ran his hand many times in it out of frustration. Frustration? Why was he frustrated? Then it hit me, he probably had been searching for the potion Snape assigned us, how could I forget he was in my class? I had not talked to him in a long time and frankly it was like not talking to my best friend for a week. Shaking my head to get rid of these thoughts I just noticed that he had slid a book across, probably something that actually had something on Kfaghlscone's potion. I turned around to ask him if he had looked through the book already but my breath hitched as I noticed our proximity for the first time. If I leaned in a little more I could brush my lips against his. What? I can't believe I actually thought about that, I have never thought about a guy in that way. Hoping that by striking conversation I would get rid of these thoughts which were highly inappropriate, well, at least for someone like me. "I missed talking to you too. I really do enjoy your company." I said barely in a whisper but I knew he heard me. I was pretty sure I was a very deep shade of scarlet right now.
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the library   Studying in the library EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:20 pm

Justin Bryant Long
For the first time, I realized how close we were. When I looked into Adri's eyes, I knew she was feeling the same thing. "You know, kissing isn't illegal." I said softly. I smiled, thinking of the shade of red I had turned when Adri had first kissed me; on the cheek. She was about the same shade now. "You mean, my arrogant, idiotic, bigheaded company?" I said slyly.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the library   Studying in the library EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:54 pm

Adrianne Oakland
15-Fifth Year
I felt my lips tugging up when I heard him say his last sentence slyly, and when I got over the fact that he implied we should kiss. "Yes, your big-headed, arrogant, idiotic company." I said a bit breathlessly. I then leaned away abruptly and turned around. "Can we talk after we complete this?" I said my eyes pleading. The situation was awkward and I knew he understood that we would talk about this later. The assignment was to be submitted tomorrow and I had not started. "Otherwise we might be carried away and the library is about to close. We'll catch up in the common room." I said as I opened and searched through the book, when I found what I was looking for I said "bingo!" under my breath and then looked at him. "Let's get this done real fast, we only have to write two pages and then we can head back." I pulled out a sheet of parchment and skimmed over the information hurriedly, but gracefully writing about it on the paper.
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the library   Studying in the library EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 5:12 pm

Justin Bryant Long
I forced a strained smile, trying to hide the fact that I was actually hurt by her suggestion. "Sure." I said. "Wouldn't want Kfaghlschone to miss out, would we?" I pulled out my own parchment and hurriedly wrote everything I could, trying not to think about Adri and thinking of nothing else. I didn't talk, didn't smirk, didn't look at her for half an hour, and the only sound was our quills scratching on the rough parchment. I was cursing Kfaghlschone and all eighteen letters of his full name as I wrote about the nameless potion. When I was finished, I underlined the date on the page, rolled up my parchment, took a deep breath, and reached out to brush a curl away from Adrianne's face. My hand slid down to the base of her neck and my thumb brushed across her left cheek. "Actually, the library stays open for another hour." I breathed softly. "And what better place for two Ravenclaws to..." I paused, allowing a slight smirk to form on my face. "...catch up?" I finished, just before capturing her lips with mine.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the library   Studying in the library EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 2:06 am

Adrianne Oakland
15-Fifth Year
I could tell he was hurt by my suggestion, but honestly I was nervous and it seemed like the best escape at that time. Also, I think subconsciously I knew that if we had continued we really would not get any work done. I wrote hurriedly hoping I would be done with the nameless potion real soon so that I could turn back to Justin. It was after half an hour when my hand seemed ready to drop of that I was done with the assignment. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Justin contemplating something and then he tucked a stray curl behind my ear, as his hand slid to the base of my neck and his thumb brushed my cheek. I was very aware of this and was probably slowly turning red. I was so concentrated on his hand that I did not here what he was saying except 'catch up' because after that his lips were on mine. For a full to seconds I was paralyzed but then slowly started opening up. I kissed him back till I noticed my lack of oxygen and pulled away breathlessly.
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the library   Studying in the library EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 11:17 am

Justin Bryant Long
My face was turning red - from exhilaration, or breathlessness, or enjoyment, or embarrassment, I didn't know. For once, I had nothing to say. I drank her in - flowing black hair, tendrils of it disheveled from where my fingers had been tangled in her hair; the curve of her lips as she took deep breaths; those wide blue eyes that glimmered with not only beauty, but intelligence and confidence and a hint of humour, like a quirky insult was right on the tip of her tongue. I took deep, gasping breaths, running my fingers through my hair and trying to steady my heartbeat - a task which was failing miserably. After all, Adrianne was around. "Adri." I managed, my hands having slid down to her waist in the excitement of the kiss. "Be my girlfriend?"

Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the library   Studying in the library EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 10:18 am

Adrianne Oakland
15-Fifth Year
I looked into his piercing blue eyes, I was overjoyed personally but I wanted to see and read his expression carefully. He definitely meant it. I wrapped my arms around him and nodded whispering "Yes." I pulled back and gave my best smile taking in his appearance once more, his disheveled black hair, his exited red face and his untidy collar, which was mostly because of me, I reached up and straightened it a bit and then ran a hand through my hair trying to make myself look a little more presentable. I waited for my breathing to calm down and then looked back at Justin feeling very happy and completely relaxed for the first time since two weeks.
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the library   Studying in the library EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 11:32 am

Justin Bryant Long
I cleared my throat awkwardly, somehow still embarrassed that she had hugged me even after we had just gone through a full on snog session. My brain worked in strange ways sometimes. "Yes?" I breathed as she let go of me. "Yes." I repeated it to myself, ecstatic. I bent my head and cupped her face in my hands again, bending down to kiss her softly. "Um...we should..get back to the dorm." I said, stammering. Though I didn't say it out loud, as I was sweeping my books back into my bag, I was thanking Kfaghlschone and his stupid unnamed potion.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Studying in the library   Studying in the library Empty

Back to top Go down

Studying in the library
Page 1 of 1