HOGWARTS
HOGWARTS
HOGWARTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOGWARTS

Are you a witch or a wizard? If you are, then this is the place to be! Happy spell casting!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I hope no professors are awake.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kacky Snorgle

Galleons : 21918

I hope no professors are awake. Empty
PostSubject: I hope no professors are awake.   I hope no professors are awake. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 4:54 am

I hope no professors are awake. Tumblr_m12y8lZmi11r99f4t

Lynda Tanith Fraener
I walked out to the lake, breathing in the chilly air, even though it was nearly midnight. I'd sneaked out of the castle because I couldn't sleep. Well, I probably could if I tried, but I didn't want to. I took off my non -standard black shoes and dug my toes into the muddy banks. It was completely unlike me to be doing this. I wasn't even wearing regulation robes. Instead I was decked out in a simple black v-neck t-shirt, and a blue skirt with light greyish polka dots in a decorative pattern all along its length. I liked wearing clothes that I felt comfortable in, and the shirt was from my aunt, the skirt from my mother, for one of my birthdays. I knew that if I was caught outside this late at night, in non-school clothing, it would go on my permanent record for sure. I knew that I should put my school clothes on as soon as possible. But I just stood there, arms extended as the cool breeze swirled around me. I laughed, over, and over, and over again, not bothering to keep my voice down. The castle was far from here, and no idiot would keep their windows open at this time of year. It was a chilly autumn, but I welcomed the cold. It meant that people's mouths were covered with scarves, and I was pretty much sick and tired of giggly girls talking about their first kiss at the Yule Ball. I hadn't gone. Of course I hadn't gone. I didn't have anyone to go with, and I was too prideful to go by myself and pretend that I was having a good time watching all the other couples flirt. Instead, I'd sat in my room, flicking through things to wear while the other girls in my year flitted around like annoying green dragonflies. As soon as they'd left, I'd sneaked down into the kitchens and asked gently for a bite to eat. The house-elves were more than happy to oblige. After eating my fill of roast potatoes, bread, and spinach, cheese, and onion tart, I went back upto my dormitory. I made sure to seal the curtains of my four-poster fully so that none of the other bimbos in my dormitory would know that I hadn't gone to the ball. After that, everyone had asked me about how the ball had gone. I'd refused to disclose any details, which, unfortunately, made them even more curious. I sighed at the thought of the multitude of questions I'd faced over the last couple of days. Taking a deep breath, I waded out into the shallows of the lake and laughed in surprise at the chill of the water. I looked guiltily back at the castle. I would have to be getting back soon, but five minutes never hurt anyone. I tried to make myself believe that lie.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

Galleons : 20954

PostSubject: Re: I hope no professors are awake.   I hope no professors are awake. EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 11:33 am

I hope no professors are awake. Tumblr_inline_mh783jEb7o1rq82fy

I walked to the lake slowly, enjoying the cold breeze on my face, my scarf was flapping wildly and hitting my head from time to time but I ignored it. It was not like I was going to take it off and freeze to death. I really needed to come out today because after the Yule Ball I had taken on studying painstakingly as I prepared for the N.E.W.Ts. I really needed good grades for whatever I decided to take up next, sadly I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do after I graduated from Hogwarts. I was lost in my thoughts but when I heard someone laugh it broke my flow of thoughts. I walked in the direction of where I heard the laughter from cautiously. I peered out and saw Lynda, what was she doing here. I knew for a fact she was not one to break rules, much like myself, and who on earth would be walking barefooted in this cold, specially in the water. Even though I was concerned I just watched her amused by her behavior. I did not really talk to her but I knew she was not an open person but if someone were to see her now, you would not be able to guess. Finally deciding to interrupt I crept over and placed a hand on her shoulder.

Last edited by wolfmoon on Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

PostSubject: Re: I hope no professors are awake.   I hope no professors are awake. EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 11:50 am

Lynda Tanith Fraener
"What the--" I whispered - I wasn't stupid enough to shout - before realizing that it was Kyler. "What are you doing out here?" I whispered, almost angrily. Then I realized that it was a stupid question, since it could be asked to me as well and I would be speechless. "I'm sorry, it's none of my business what you're doing at midnight on a schoolnight instead of sleeping like a normal, rule-abiding Slytherin." I said snidely, adding a touch of sarcasm to the apology. I smiled warmly though, because I knew he was my friend. "So I heard you went to the Ball with Avery?" I said, a tiny drop of ice in my voice. "How was it? I didn't get to go." I said, looking down at my water-covered feet. "It's getting cold." I said, stepping out of the lake and waving my wand, changing back into my robes in an instant. But I was still cold, and try as I might to supress the shivering, my teeth continued to chatter traitorously. I wished that I'd brought my scarf down with me, but it wasn't as cold when I had sneaked out. "We're breaking so many rules I can't even count them, do you want to go back in?" I asked, shyly. I stepped back into my black Converse and looked at him for a reply.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: I hope no professors are awake.   I hope no professors are awake. EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 12:04 pm

Kyler Harwood

I laughed at her peeved expression as she calmed down after having a fright. I was a bit surprised at her tone when she asked about going to the Yule Ball with Avery. Oh well, whatever, it must be because of some fight or something. "Ya, I went with Avery, shame, if you would have told me I would have asked but that day in the commonroom when you left, me and Avery presumed that you did not want to go with us but officially that was the plan." I saw her shivering and instantly took off my scarf and handed it to her, I have no idea why I did that but I guess chivalry has not died yet. I lead her to a rock and beckoned her to sit down as took out my wand and performed a drying spell on her feet, "You better wear your socks and shoes unless you want frostbite, because there is no way you will walk barefoot all the way to the castle in this cold." I waited for her to wear her shoes impatiently as the cold wind was starting to sting my bare face and neck.
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

PostSubject: Re: I hope no professors are awake.   I hope no professors are awake. EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 2:37 pm

Lynda Tanith Fraener

I slipped my shoes on as I laughed. "I only wanted to go with you because you're my friend, and it's so much more comfortable, without any of the awkwardness." I said conversationally as I rolled my socks up to shield my legs from the cold, biting wind. "I mean, if you ask someone you don't know anything about, and don't know whether they are basically good or absolutely horrible, how are you supposed to feel comfortable with putting your arms around them, really?" I asked. I straightened up and suddenly hugged him, to demonstrate, smiling. "Whereas with you, I know you, and therefore there is no awkwardness." I let go and slid my arm through his, pulling him towards the castle. "Come on, we'll catch our deaths if we stay here."
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: I hope no professors are awake.   I hope no professors are awake. EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 9:27 am

Kyler Harwwod

I grinned and hugged her back, when she pulled away I complied and took her hand and led her towards the castle. "I have a feeling we are going to be very good friends, because I am sure we understand each other perfectly. And for your previously asked question, I was out here to clear my mind a bit, the studying was getting to me," I said my eyebrows furrowing. "What about you?" We were on the top of the hill and were descending now.
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

PostSubject: Re: I hope no professors are awake.   I hope no professors are awake. EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 9:43 am

I hope no professors are awake. EllenPage2
Lynda Tanith Fraener

I looked out to the dark, sinister, silhouette that the castle cast, smiling at Kyler. "I agree with that." I said simply. "Well, that and the fact that I could definitely use some help in Ancient Runes, and we could bond over our mutual hatred of Herbology." I added, laughing as we walked along. I quietened when I pondered his question. "Why was I here?" I asked softly. I knew that I was about to say something that no one had ever said before, but I wasn't scared, really. Divulging life secrets seemed normal when I was with Kyler. "I'm not really sure. I guess I'd just had enough with....with pretending. I pretend to be fine with the fact that I don't have friends at all, pretend to be happy, pretend to not care what the other Slytherin girls in my dormitory care about me. I just wanted to come out here and...be myself for a while, I guess." I finished my life-divulging rant and leaned against Kyler sadly. My arm wrapped automatically around his waist as we walked, but it was nothing romantic. I just wanted to be close to someone. 
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: I hope no professors are awake.   I hope no professors are awake. EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 9:57 am

Kyler Harwood

I looked at her sadly and then softly said "I will help you with anything you need help in," as her hand wrapped around my waist I put my arm on her shoulder as a comforting gesture and continued, "you know you don't have to be bothered about having no friends anymore, I assure you, that I will be pestering you for a whole lot of time." I said jokingly. "And you should never pretend, maybe because of all your pretending no one ever sees the real you. You know because you pretend you don't care, you come across as anti-social or sometimes even a snob who either does not want or does not need friends. If you open up people won't make fun of you and those who do don't matter. Oh, and please don't expect me to give you long emotional speeches in the future, it is just not my forte."
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

PostSubject: Re: I hope no professors are awake.   I hope no professors are awake. EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 10:09 am

I hope no professors are awake. EllenPage2
Lynda Tanith Fraener

"I'm glad." I said quietly, as we reached the castle doors, which were mercifully open enough for us to slip through. I went first and looked back to see if he followed. I took his hand again as we started walking towards the Slytherin common room silently. If Filch or Mrs.Norris was anywhere near and saw us talking, we were in for at least a week's worth of detentions. When we reached the dungeons, I whispered "Propter Ambitionem et Gloria", and the wall slid back, revealing the greenish light filtering through the windows. I turned to Kyler. "Well, that was fun." I smiled softly. "We should....do this again sometime. I'll see you at breakfast." I said, and before I could change my mind, hugged him tightly, burying my face in the crook of his neck. "Thank you." I all but sobbed dryly, my voice muffled in his scarf.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: I hope no professors are awake.   I hope no professors are awake. EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 10:19 am

Kyler Harwood

"It was fun, and we will definitely do it again." I hugged her than pulled away. "I will see you tomorrow and go hurry up and sleep, you need rest, we both are very tired and we have potions tomorrow. So, it is important that you rest. Good night." I said kissing her on top of her head as a comforting gesture and then headed to the boys dorm turning back to give a final wave before dissapearing behind the curtains. I hurried in carefully, not wanting to wake anyone up and then changed and got beneath my covers falling asleep with a smile on my face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hope no professors are awake.   I hope no professors are awake. Empty

Back to top Go down

I hope no professors are awake.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HOGWARTS :: Hogwarts Grounds :: Black Lake-
Jump to: