HOGWARTS
HOGWARTS
HOGWARTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOGWARTS

Are you a witch or a wizard? If you are, then this is the place to be! Happy spell casting!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hey [p r i v a t e t o b r e n n y]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ML
Newbies
Newbies

Galleons : 21887

Hey [p r i v a t e  t o  b r e n n y] Empty
PostSubject: Hey [p r i v a t e t o b r e n n y]   Hey [p r i v a t e  t o  b r e n n y] EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:07 pm

Hey [p r i v a t e  t o  b r e n n y] Tumblr_mcm33ryk3z1r0pnim
Adelaine Genevive Parker
Hufflepuff
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adelaine walks out of the main doors of the castle. She slowly walks towards the edge of the black lake. In her hand she carries a large bag, containing a large blanket, a book and her knitting. Reaching the edge of the lake, she sets the bag on the ground. She takes out the blanket and unfolds it. She spreads the blanket out across the ground, and sits down on it. She pulls her bag closer to her and digs through it. She takes out her knitting and sets it on her lap.

Smiling lightly, Addie begins to work on her current knitting project. She's currently knitting a nice emerald colored sweater. She's not sure who'll she'll give it to but she'll find someone. Maybe she can give it to Dan. Dan, she hasn't seem him for ages. Well besides the class they have together, but that's all. She misses him, she'll have to catch up with him sometimes. It's just that her feelings make not seeing him, feel like well torture. Yeah that seems about right.

Sighing softly, Addie looks down at her knitting. She countines to knit, the sweater starting to take shape. For a while she sits there just knitting. She doesn't even hear the person come up behind her. Well not until they step on a stick. She flinches, shocked by the sound. She'd been enjoying the silence, that the sound had scared her. Slowly she lays the sweater down on the blanket, and turns around to see Dan standing behind her. Smiling lightly Addie looks up at him.

"Oh, Hi Dan!"she says softly, looking up at him. She then moves over on the blanket, but not before she picks up the sweater and sets it on her lap. She then looks up at Dan, "You can sit down if you want"she says softly. Addie then looks over at him. "How have you been? I haven't seen you for ages" she says softly. She then sits there, not sure what to say. God she's missed him though, it's been ages.

Last edited by ML on Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brennana
Brennana

Galleons : 21953

PostSubject: Re: Hey [p r i v a t e t o b r e n n y]   Hey [p r i v a t e  t o  b r e n n y] EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:42 pm

Dan Byrne

It wasn't a particularly weather-worn day. In fact, most would consider the Sunday nice. The breeze was light enough to counteract the sun, hidden by nothing but the occasional cloud. Other than that the sky was relatively clear and a beautiful blue color. The grass seemed to pop in contrast with the sky, and no student dared ask for a better day before class began the next day. Well, one would think. However, there was always that one person who was having a despicable day while everyone was out enjoying themselves. And that person was Dan.

Dan, as surly as he had been in months, tromped heavy-footed up to the castle from the Quidditch Pitch after two hours of harsh, hot, sunny practice. Sweat rolled down his cheek, his shirt already with dark stains over it. For some reason, the Quidditch Captain decided it was a fine idea to simply call practice in when the temperature was ninety degrees out, and make the team work themselves. Now, usually it wouldn't be a problem for the team, but Dan was a beater. His job was to whack an enchanted ball that hurtled at you at eighty miles an hour, weighing as much as a canon ball with a short bat. This required much effort. Dan's muscles were strained and aching, and he hardly had the energy to get back to the castle, but he persisted and perspired.

Finally, the looming shadow of the castle cast over him and he sighed with relief, no longer being burned by the raging sun. Students were littered around the shady trees, some swimming in the Black lake, others chatting under oak trees. Dan even spotted a few Ravenclaws studying together in the shadow of the Astronomy Tower. Dan walked with ease through the huge front doors of the castle, and made his way to the dungeons, entering the Slytherin common room. The room was cool, always under the lake, giving it a self-cooling quality. He stripped off his sweat-stained shirt and walked to his dorm room. Naturally, it was empty. Nobody wished to stay indoors on a beautiful day. Beautiful, as long as you weren't working your tail off. Dan thought bitter thoughts of his Quidditch captain, how best to pay him back.

As soon as Dan had showered and felt energized after a quick snack of a chocolate frog he saved, he found himself itching to go back outside, but relax this time. Something told him he should. Seeing as he had homework to do, he gladly went outside and acted the usual procrastinator that he was. He got into much more comfortable wear, stowed his wand in his right-hand pocket, and made his way back to the grounds. He walked serenely across the lawns to a spot of trees in a bundle overlooking the lake. A couple Ravenclaw girls spotted him approaching and threw him a nasty look. Dan was used to the look. Slytherins often were judged for things they did not do. But one girl did not leave, most likely because she did not see him. She was facing the lake, busy knitting. Dan squinted, recognizing her velvet red hair. He suddenly stopped.

It was Adelaine. What if she did not want to see him? He would understand, given that he had not talked to her for a while, too busy catching up with classwork that he slacked. He stood there, hesitating, thoughts drifting through his mind. Finally, he decided in his best judgement he must confront her. He approached, accidentally stepping on a twig on the way. A jolt ran through the girl and she turned to look at him. Predictably, she didn't smile. He accepted her invitation to sit, and he bent on the blanket beside her. "Hi," he breathed. "I'm okay," he said, about to avoid the second comment, but his mind scolded him. "I'm really sorry for not seeing you, I mean, I'm not the best student, but even I have to catch up on some work sometimes. I don't want to fail... Don't get me wrong," he said, quickly. "It's really great to see you though." He motioned at the knitting in her lap. "I didn't know you knit. What is that?" he asked. The color looked vaguely like the Slytherin house color. Curiosity shot three plausible conclusions at him. She had moved on to liking someone else, and was knitting him a sweater. She knitted it for him. She knitted it to burn it because she hated Slytherin. Insecurity told him it was the first one, common sense told him it was most likely not the latter.

772 Words

Back to top Go down
ML
Newbies
Newbies

PostSubject: Re: Hey [p r i v a t e t o b r e n n y]   Hey [p r i v a t e  t o  b r e n n y] EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 5:06 pm

Adelaine Genevive Parker
Hufflepuff
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adelaine smiles lightly, and looks over at Dan. She listens politely as he talks. Unlike some people, she completely understands what he's saying. She's gone through the same thing before. School sucks, and it's just harder for some people. Maybe she should offer to help him with his work? Wait would that be weird? Maybe she should wait before she suggests that. She doesn't want to sound weird.

"It's okay, I understand"she says to him. "I went through a period where I had to spend my time studying. School sucks"she says softly. She then turns and looks at him. She bites her lip gently, not sure what to say. Nervously she reaches up and moves a lock of her red hair out of her face. She then tilts her head bag, and pulls her hair into a ponytail. sliding an elastic hairband off her wrist to hold it together.

Addie looks down at the knitting in her lap. Should she give it to Dan? She can't tell if it would be too weird. Ugh this is just so hard sometimes. "Yeah I knit when I'm bored. It's kind of dull, but at the same time a lot of fun"she says softly. Addie then looks over at him. "Oh it's just a sweater"she says softly. She then picks it up and stares at the sweater.

She then looks over at Dan. "Do you want it?"she blurts out. Addie then bites her lip. Wow, way to go Adelaine. "I mean when it's done of course"she says softly. "I think the color would look really good on you"she says softly.

Oh wow that sounded strange. Do people normally say stuff like that? She's not sure, oh dear. This is just not good. Suddenly her cheeks turn a light pink color. Slowly she sets the knitting back in her lap. Not wanting to make eye contact she looks down at her lap. Honestly she's a bit confused right now. About what? Everything, that's what's confusing everything. Addie bites her lip, and countines to stare at her lap.

Slowly Adelaine looks up and turns her head to look at Dan. Slowly she turns her body so, she's sitting cross legged, facing him. Smiling she looks over at him. "Now do you have time to do something?"she asks him. The last time she'd seen him, she'd asked to hang out. Unfortunently he'd been busy with a project. But now maybe he could actually do something. She hopes so, she's really missed him.

Last edited by ML on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brennana
Brennana

Galleons : 21953

PostSubject: Re: Hey [p r i v a t e t o b r e n n y]   Hey [p r i v a t e  t o  b r e n n y] EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 5:54 pm

Dan Byrne

At that moment a light breeze tickled that back of his neck. Ah, that felt good. He watched as she put her hair up in a ponytail. She looked so adorable. He let his eyes wander to the Black Lake. The water stared at him, taunting him, it's cold depths awaiting to be explored. The surface shined with the reflection of the twelve-o-clock sun. Swimming would be a fun way to pass the time. Students had the same idea, as they waded through the water, laughing with each other. His mind drifted off slowly, letting his imagination wander. He saw himself splashing along, and another figure popped out of the water, Adelaine. Then, the realization that he had just imagined a perfect Sunday hit him and he snapped back into reality.

Dan blinked and looked back at Adelaine. She seemed to be watching him expectantly. Did she say something? Oh god, what did she say? Dan began to panic, a flush of red climbing into his face. Just... Just.... Nod! Dan nodded, grinning a bit. He had no idea if he had just agreed to something or not.

Thankfully, he heard the last question loud and clear. "Yes!" he said, enthusiastically. Finally, they could spend some time together. "In fact, I was wondering if you would want to take a swim with me?" he asked. If she would say yes, it would be just like he envisioned. He waited for her reply, shifting his weight so that he wasn't sitting on a jagged stone hidden under the blanket. He spotted some birds chirping noisily, flying out from the forbidden forest, and landing on the tree above them. Robins. He liked Robins, almost as much as Blue Jays. He turned his attention back to Adelaine, not realizing he had gotten distracted.

"We don't have to if you don't want to," he said, smiling. "We could do something else. I heard the forbidden forest isn't so scary in the day," he grinned a bit. "In fact, some say it's pretty magical," he winked. What made him wink, he doesn't know. He was so socially awkward, but he felt like he could be himself around Adelaine, and it was easy to talk to her. It made him confident enough, amazingly, for him to even flirt a bit.

384 Words

Back to top Go down
ML
Newbies
Newbies

PostSubject: Re: Hey [p r i v a t e t o b r e n n y]   Hey [p r i v a t e  t o  b r e n n y] EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 10:06 pm

Adelaine Genevive Parker
Hufflepuff

Adelaine smiles lightly and looks over at Dan. Hm swimming or exploring the forest? Both of them sound really fun. She can't decide. Though the forest might be better. Of course it's scary. But some how swimming doesn't sound like the best idea. The lake is kind of well gross. Though she should just let Dan decide.

Smiling Addie turns and looks at Dan. "I can't deicde"she says softly. "Both ideas sound so amazing"she adds. Addie then sits there trying to decide. But she just can't decide. "Since they're both your ideas. You can pick" she says softly.

Addie then picks up her knitting and gently places it back in her bag. She then lays back on the blanket. She folds her arm behind her head. She then turns her head to the side and looks at Dan. She smiles lightly as she waits for his reply. She can't help but feel the butterflies, active in her stomach.

Being around Dan just gave her that feeling. She wonders if he feels the same about her. He's kind of secretive about his emotions. So she can't really tell how he feels. Ugh she wishes that he'd just be a little more open. It's killing her not to know how he feels about her. Seriously she's here with a major crush on him, and she can't tell if he likes her or not.

Biting her lip she looks over at Dan. Slowly she turns her head upwards and stares at the sky. It's such a nice day out. She's starting to hope that he'll pick swimming. It will be nice, she thinks to herself. Though she doesn't really have swimming clothing on. She then looks down at her outfit. She's wearing a tee shirt and shorts. It's not a swimsuit, but it's not bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey [p r i v a t e t o b r e n n y]   Hey [p r i v a t e  t o  b r e n n y] Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey [p r i v a t e t o b r e n n y]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HOGWARTS :: Hogwarts Grounds :: Black Lake-
Jump to: