HOGWARTS
HOGWARTS
HOGWARTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOGWARTS

Are you a witch or a wizard? If you are, then this is the place to be! Happy spell casting!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

the yule ball

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Moon
Moon

Galleons : 22102

the yule ball  Empty
PostSubject: the yule ball    the yule ball  EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 10:21 am

the yule ball  1693gog
The students entered past the main doors, all pearly and white with decorations. After dinner, they will begin the main portion of the ball; dancing of course. The band is setting up, as the teachers and staff lead couples and students to tables to begin the feast.

Twinkling stars can be seen up in the ceiling, along with the rest of the night sky, even constellations can be found. Silver chandeliers are hung around the hall, casting a soft and elegant glow. The windows are shut with frost-like drapes, adding privacy to the ball. The walls are gold and silver, having Victorian - looking designs to them.

The dance will run until the 21rst.

Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

Galleons : 22063

the yule ball  Empty
PostSubject: Re: the yule ball    the yule ball  EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 12:19 pm

I waited at the foot of the stairs for Tucker, wondering if he'd show up at all. I still didn't know whether he was joking or not. I hoped that he wasn't. He seemed like a nice enough guy, but then again, most guys do. I was deeply conscious of how I looked. I hadn't slathered on a layer of makeup or even gone to buy a bottle of Sleakeazy's like most other girls. I'd tied my hair up neater than usual, in a side braid with my flick hanging out. I was wearing a simple black dress, not too clingy or deep-necked, or anything like that. It was sleeveless, but not skimpy, more like an extended tank top. The skirt of the dress was fluted, and reached just below my knees. I hadn't done anything to my face except wash it well, and hope that I wouldn't be too unnoticeable in the mass of WonderWitch products surrounding me. I bit my lip. It didn't seem like Tucker was going to show up.
Back to top Go down
Moon
Moon

the yule ball  Empty
PostSubject: Re: the yule ball    the yule ball  EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 10:20 am

the yule ball  121zfuv
the yule ball  N5hnio
Tucker rushed down the hall's stair case, knowing that he was late. He had just gotten so caught up in, well, he didn't even remember. It had something to do with... oh, right, Slytherins. The Block heads had challenged him to a small duel, and being prideful, he obliged. The duel started off okay, until the two other, bigger, fellows decided to use their fists instead.

Barely managing to scramble away, he had to rush to get dressed, and still find Dankia. He wore a black sweater with small red stripes going through it, and a red tie over his buttoned down shirt. Black slacks and shoes also were on him, as he found himself running to the ball. He figured she would be out dancing, but the music hadn't started yet. Oh right, oops, he thought, remembering the feast before the dancing started.

Carrying a rose loosely in his fingers, he found his date, looking as stunning as ever. A smile creeped onto his face, as he quickly grabbed her hand and led her to a table. "I'm sorry it took me so long," he muttered, pulling the chair out for her to sit in.

Back to top Go down
Ravenclaw Runner
Admin

Galleons : 29735

the yule ball  Empty
PostSubject: Re: the yule ball    the yule ball  EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 11:35 am

Isabelle Reble walked into the Great Hall on the night of the Yule Ball, wearing a colorful dress with identical shoes. She looked for Adam, whom she had asked to the Ball on a whim a few days ago in the Owlery. She had no clue as to why she had asked a Slytherin to the Yule Ball, bit hoped Adam would act like cool at least for tonight. She didn't have high hopes, in case he was anything like Malfoy.

Isabelle hadn't walked into the Great Hall just yet. She was standing right outside looking in the direction of the Slytherin common room. She wondered if she had been stood up, for a moment. She waved her want fixing a lock of hair that wasn't quite straight enough as she waited.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=71623088
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartswitcheswizes.rpg-board.net
Kacky Snorgle

the yule ball  Empty
PostSubject: Re: the yule ball    the yule ball  EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 12:39 am

"Oh, it's fine." I said dismissively. "I was early, anyway." I smiled at him. His hand felt warm in mine, and I found myself blushing. He looked really handsome in the button-down shirt and tie he was wearing, and didn't look uncomfortable like the other boys around, that were trying to loosen their ties. Self-consciously, I put my hand upto my hair to see if the braid was still in place. I hoped I looked good enough, even though I was nothing compared to some of the supermodels walking around. I tentatively placed my fingers over his on the table. I looked up at his face to see if he minded, then frowned slightly. "Are you okay?" I asked. "You look a little...beaten up." I said, worried. I looked around. We had a table to ourselves, and no one was around. "It wasn't the Slytherin duellers, was it?" I groaned. "There was a rumour going around that one of them had challenged one of the Mains, I wasn't sure if it was you or Finn. Those brutes. They prefer fists over wands any day." I looked carefully over at his face to see if he had any bruises, then turned his hand over in mine to see if his knucles were damaged in case he had to fight his way out of it.
Back to top Go down
Moon
Moon

the yule ball  Empty
PostSubject: Re: the yule ball    the yule ball  EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 7:26 pm

the yule ball  2i7wcac
the yule ball  2yubtjq
Adam had gotten out of the Slytherin Common Rom a bit earlier than the rest of his mates, hoping to go unseen. It wasn't that he was going with Izzy that bothered him, it was her house. She was a known rebel, and Adam was surprized that she wasn't in Slytherin herself. Personally that would've made taking her to this a lot simpler. Now, he had to lie, and he was yet to explain the lie to Izzy. He assumed she would go along with it, just in case his friends showed up and spoke to him. Hopefully they wouldn't bother with him.

Adam found himself sitting alone at a table, waiting for Izzy. He didn't mind the wait, and got to watch the band warm up for their performance coming up later in the evening. That was all good and whatever, but he was growing impatient in his itchy tux. Seeing his date walk in, the pureblood jumped up and jogged over to her. "Hey, er, come on over here, I have to talk to you," Adam muttered quickly, showing her to the table he had reserved.

He took a seat next to her and turned to her briskly. "Okay, so my mates can't know you are from Gryffindor, so if they come, just start taking in something that sounds French. I can say you're from Beauxbatons or something, but they can't know, okay? So yeah, do you know French?" he summed up quickly, hands sweaty just from the idea of having his friends find out where she was from. If they did, Adam's reputation would plummet.

the yule ball  121zfuv
the yule ball  N5hnio
Tucker smiled at her red face, setting the rose in her free hand. He was glad to know that at least someone was enjoying his company today, and his mood was rapidly improving. His hazel-eyed gaze glanced over at the other guys from his house, looking very uneasy in their tuxes and ties. Feeling the warmth of Danika's hand over his, the wizard smiled lightly, sighing contently.

Hearing her voice, Tucker laughed, sounding very fake. "I'm fine," he assured her, giving her a less-than-believable-smile. "Whaaaat?" he replied, looking down at the tablecloth, pretending to study it intently. The boy didn't want her worrying about him, especially not when it came to the duellers. They weren't anything but trouble anyways, nothing for her to worry about. Tucker knew he could handle himself, but as Danika kept talking, he felt himself softening.

Pulling his hand away from her eyes, Tucker groaned. "It's nothing, okay? I'm fine," he insisted, accidentally hitting his bruised elbow against his chair back. Biting the inside of his cheek, he smiled another fake smile. "I'm fine," he repeated stiffly.

Back to top Go down
Ravenclaw Runner
Admin

the yule ball  Empty
PostSubject: Re: the yule ball    the yule ball  EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:00 pm

Isabelle smiled when she found Adam in the crowd. She walked over to the table he had reserved for them and sat down. She listened to what he had to say, when he told her there was something important, a favor, he wanted of her. When he was finished, Izzy wanted if he was ashamed of taking a Gryffindor to the Yule Ball. Of course, she had been afraid of what her fellow Gryffindors would think right before she had told them, backing out for a few days, before finally telling them.

"What? Me? Speak French?" replied a skeptical Isabelle, but she continued, "Of course, I can't speak French, but maybe I can speak zee French accent?"

She laughed, trying to relieve the tension between them. Isabelle looked into Adam's eyes as to see if he would believe her accent. She herself thought it was pretty good, as she and the other Gryffindor fourth years had been imitating the accents of the Beaxbatons students. She said, " 'Ave you gotten our dreenks?"

Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

Galleons : 21099

the yule ball  Empty
PostSubject: Re: the yule ball    the yule ball  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 6:43 am

Adrianne slowly walked into the hall conscious of what she was wearing. She was a little shy because it was the first time she was wearing a dress that her mum had picked for her and not something she had chosen herself. She did know that it looked good on her but it was so different than her usual dressing sense. She had clipped her hair neatly with a long pin at the back leaving the rest of it untied and she was wearing black high boots with brown studded belts. Her dress was short and Black on the sides and Indigo in the middle. She had a bracelet on and had not put on make-up except her gloss. She waited for Justin to show up. She had not gotten much time to get ready because of making the potion and she just gave it to her group of friends and hurried down.
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

the yule ball  Empty
PostSubject: Re: the yule ball    the yule ball  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:48 am

I frowned at him. "Don't insult my intelligence, Tucker." I said reproachfully. "I may not be a Ravenclaw, but I know a lie when I see one." I set the rose gently on the table, grabbing his arm, and gently probed his elbow, trying not to blush at the warmth I felt rising up in my cheeks. "You're lucky it's just bruised." I said, for some reason angry. "You should've known better than to get into a fight with those idiots!" I cast a glare at one of the Slytherin tables. I let go of his hand, hoping that my massaging had helped it. "And drink some water before your cheek bleeds to death." I said frankly.

Suddenly I realized what a stupid, irritable date I was being. "I'm sorry." I said, shoulders slumping forward. "I shouldn't be mad at you. I'm--" I broke off, grabbed my goblet of pumpkin juice, and downed it in one gulp. I sat back in my chair, composing myself. I didn't know what was wrong with me. "Just don't get into any duels anytime soon, alright?" I said calmly. I felt like burying my face in my hands. He probably wanted to run away from the Hall, screaming. It was only that I hated it when people hit other people for no reason.

Haydyn had gotten bullied in her second year by a bunch of Slytherin girls, and I would tend to her bruises every single day until I worked up the nerve to tell Professor McGonagall. The students were expelled, and Haydyn was safe. But still, every time someone I knew got hurt - I could hardly bear it. "Pork chops." I choked out, and they appeared on my plate. I speared one with a shaking hand holding a fork, and started eating, my eyes fixated on the tablecloth.

I walked in, cursing that I was slightly late. I caught sight of Adrianne, and walked faster, catching upto her. "Hey." I said, falling in to step beside her. I hoped she didn't mind what I was wearing. I'd put on a white button-down shirt, black slacks, and even a blue tie, with the cleanest pair of black non-sporty shoes I could find. "You look amazing." I said, leading her to a vacant table. I pulled out her chair for her. I wasn't lying, or even stretching the truth - she did look really nice, with her hair pulled back to accentuate her bright blue eyes that I could barely tear myself away from. I sat down, smiling at her. "So, do you want something to drink?" I asked uncertainly.
Back to top Go down
deathly212
Newbies
Newbies

Galleons : 20542

the yule ball  Empty
PostSubject: Re: the yule ball    the yule ball  EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 6:45 am

I stood near the stairs waiting for zalia, everyone had started talking and it was getting quite noisy, and i was starting to get nervous. I leaned on the banister of the stairs, and suddenly remembered that i had forgotten the flowers in my room. i pulled out my wand and decided to summon it 'accio!'. just as the daisys i had picked reached my hand i saw her walking down the stairs gracefully.Nervously I started fiddling with the my dark tie, and straightened out my blue shirt and black trousers.

Last edited by deathly212 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Moon
Moon

the yule ball  Empty
PostSubject: Re: the yule ball    the yule ball  EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 10:30 pm

the yule ball  2i7wcac
the yule ball  2yubtjq
Adam realized what he had said, and how badly that could be translated. He didn't really have anything against Gryffindors, except maybe their bold attitude, but Izzy was alright. He knew that his friends would this so much less of her if they knew she was from that house. He didn't want her attacked by his friends, knowing how stupid and rude they could be.

He nodded smugly, hoping she would be able to pull this off. He knew it was a lot to put on someone, and very unfair as well. "Yeah, sure, what ever works," Adam said encouragingly. He was grateful for the fact that Izzy was up to the challenge of having to deal with this burden of lies.

Laughing at her accent, he muttered the summoning spell and their drinks appeared at their table. "Yeah, that'll do," he replied, seeing on of his mates coming out of the corner of his eyes. "Ah, Isabelle, this is my friend, Richard Yates," he introduced. Richard was a rat-like boy, standing tall and slim, with a sharp and angular face. The black-haired boy had a short redhead by his side, Bertha from Slytherin. "Hello," Richard said coolly, studying Izzy intently.

the yule ball  121zfuv
the yule ball  N5hnio
Tucker raised an eyebrow at Danika hesitantly, and shook his head. "I wasn't, I'm fine," he insisted. Allowing her take his elbow and examine it, wondering why she was being so nit-picky and nurse-like. "What's with the sudden aggression?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. Frowning at her, he rolled his eyes and rested his face on his other hand. "Oh, yes, because I volunteered to fight them, oh yes," the wizard muttered sarcastically

He watched her movements and facial expressions, muttering 'it's alright' and other comforting words. Tucker couldn't make out what was wrong, but something defiantly was. "Are you alright? You seem off," he pointed out, resting a soft, timid hand on her arm. He was almost scared that she was going to start muttering more angry words at him. None the less, he wanted to be a comfort.

Back to top Go down
Ravenclaw Runner
Admin

the yule ball  Empty
PostSubject: Re: the yule ball    the yule ball  EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 10:44 pm

"'Ello, Richard. Eet iz nice to meet you," greeted Isabelle in her best French accent. She gave him a look like he was something that she shouldn't be so close to, something she had seen a lot of the Beauxbatons students do to her.

Isabelle spotted the girl next to Richard. She recognized her immediately; her name was Bertha, and she was a Slytherin. Isabelle knew she couldn't address her as Bertha; that would seem fishy. So instead, she said, "Ooh, and who might thees be?"

Isabelle flashed a look at Adam, grinning. She had to constantly remind herself that she was pretending to be French, fixing her accent every once in a while. She fixed her hair, as it was 'bothering' her. She threw a group of Hufflepuffs, whom she didn't particularly get along with (amongst them was Zacharias Smith), a look, hinting that she thought she was better than them, and they had no taste at all.

Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

the yule ball  Empty
PostSubject: Re: the yule ball    the yule ball  EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 12:22 am

"It's nothing." I said, attempting a smile. "And I'm not going to start screaming at you." I said, noting his expression. "We're here to enjoy this, right?" I muttered weakly. I felt myself going red again because his hand was on my arm. I took a deep, calming breath and turned my palm around so that it faced his, and clutched gently onto his hand. I slowly lifted my downcast eyes to look at him. "Thanks for not running away from me." I breathed laughingly. I waited nervously for his reply. His hazel eyes were striking in his pale face, with his hair slightly rumpled but still adorable. I didn't know why I was searching every corner of his face, and I didn't know for what. But I continued to look into those eyes, wondering if he would mind it, or mind my hand holding on to his.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

the yule ball  Empty
PostSubject: Re: the yule ball    the yule ball  EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 1:07 pm

I was relieved to see Justin walk in at last, I was getting nervous and could not wait to have some company. "You look very gentlemanly indeed," I said "but a gentleman is never late." I sat down and said "I would not mind some pumpkin juice though" I said my gaze wondering not wanting to meet his eye because I was self conscious and wondering if I looked bad or something. I tried to stop thinking that and concentrated on what Justin was saying.

I walked down the stairs knowing that I was late, I hoped I was not that late and I had not annoyed Brian I saw him waiting and fastened my pace heading straight towards him. I was wearing a red Halter neck dress which was knee length and then cut down till my ankle, I had matching earrings and a bracelet. My hair was down and I had made a real effort to look nice and not very casual. I greeted him as I reached him.

Kyler was waiting for Avery in the hall wondering when she would turn up. He walked across the hall just in case she was there and he had missed her. He waved to a few of his friends as he passed by. He grabbed a drink and gulped it whole, he sat down and waited. He was wearing black slacks, a white buttoned down shirt with a striking green tie and a black coat. It was actually funny that he had made any effort on his appearance, but again it was the Yule Ball and everyone was looking there best.

Last edited by wolfmoon on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
deathly212
Newbies
Newbies

the yule ball  Empty
PostSubject: Re: the yule ball    the yule ball  EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 1:24 pm

"hi!wow! You look ... Awesome!" I said speechlessly " um here, these are for you!" I said handing her the hand picked flowers. The music had started playing." Let's get some seats, I don't know about you but I do not want to be standing the entire dance." I walked over to the nearest table and pulled out a chair. I signalled her to sit down. As she sat I asked," so what do you want to drink?". I looked at her and smiled. once we had talked for awhile i said "lets dance."
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

the yule ball  Empty
PostSubject: Re: the yule ball    the yule ball  EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:42 am

I accepted his offer and the dances had begun we danced for a while and sat back down after sometime. I ate a snack and drank some juice and then looked at my watch the Ball was not yet over but most people had stopped dancing and were starting to eat. I took an apology and said "I am sorry, I really have to go. I have some homework to do. Bye." I managed to say before the crowd closed on me as I left the hall, I hoped he would not be offended because I was not lying and really did need to go. I would apologize properly later I thought as I reached the commonroom in a rush.
Back to top Go down
deathly212
Newbies
Newbies

the yule ball  Empty
PostSubject: Re: the yule ball    the yule ball  EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:48 am

"thats ok!" i called after her. i had to study for the OWLs too, so i didn't really mind. i took one more sip of my juice and left. Tired i stumbled into the hall, and towards the raven claw common room. the crowds were so large, that i could barely find the common room.
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

the yule ball  Empty
PostSubject: Re: the yule ball    the yule ball  EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 7:25 am

I smiled at her. "I'm serious, you know. You really do look nice." I said. "Hold on, I'll get some." I got up and walked over to the drinks table, picking out two goblets of pumpkin juice with ice, taking a deep breath as I walked back to the table. Adrianne looked amazing, and yes, she'd said yes to me, but would she say yes to this question? "Will you dance with me?" I blurted out as soon as I rested her goblet next to her. I looked at her, smiling in spite of my nerves.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

the yule ball  Empty
PostSubject: Re: the yule ball    the yule ball  EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 7:38 am

"Ya, I know I was not joking either. You do look very good" I said relaxing now that the conversation had started. I took a sip of the juice when Justin came back just before he asked me to dance I gulped the juice before I replied "Sure, why not? After all, I did not come to the Yule Ball to sit and chat I could have done that anywhere else." I took his hand as we walked to the dance floor.
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

the yule ball  Empty
PostSubject: Re: the yule ball    the yule ball  EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 9:21 am

Her hand felt warm in mine, but I continued to hold it, leading her to the floor. I put my arms around her and started to guide, allowing her to steer the slow dance. "So, uh," I tried to initiate conversation, since the music wasn't all that loud and the dance didn't require much concentration. "Is this your first dance with a guy?" I doubted it. She was much too pretty for no one to have noticed her.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

the yule ball  Empty
PostSubject: Re: the yule ball    the yule ball  EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 9:54 am

"No, it's not." I murmured, smiling. "I've had one or two." I grinned. "But this is my first dance with a guy who's head is way too big for him." I said, raising one eyebrow to see his reaction. "No offense though, I was just joking." I added. I looked at the clock on the wall realizing that I would have to go soon, but not know.
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

the yule ball  Empty
PostSubject: Re: the yule ball    the yule ball  EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 12:31 am

"Yeah, well, I get that a lot, so it doesn't matter." I chuckled. I glanced at where she was looking and saw that it was getting a little late. "So, I guess you're going to go soon?" I said. I hoped she didn't. It was - peaceful, somehow, being with her. I smiled at this thought for no reason, and to my amazement, found myself blushing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

the yule ball  Empty
PostSubject: Re: the yule ball    the yule ball  Empty

Back to top Go down

the yule ball
Page 1 of 1