HOGWARTS
HOGWARTS
HOGWARTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOGWARTS

Are you a witch or a wizard? If you are, then this is the place to be! Happy spell casting!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kacky Snorgle

Galleons : 21918

Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep. Empty
PostSubject: Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep.   Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep. EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 3:16 am

I walked in, bag slung over my shoulder. There weren't that many people around - no one to talk to. I checked the ink level in the bottle and found it full. I sighed, out of excuses. "Snape, you ugly grease-haired git." I muttered under my breath as I checked my near-photographic memory for the Potions homework - four rolls of parchment on Everlasting Elixirs. "Do I even have five rolls of parchment?" I asked myself, even though I knew that was no excuse. Right next to me was a pile of parchment that magically replenished itself every time it was depleted. A gift from the late Rowena Ravenclaw. Yippee. I sighed and grabbed three rolls from the pile. I stretched them out and started writing from memory. God, this was boring.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

Galleons : 20954

PostSubject: Re: Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep.   Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep. EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 3:39 am

I walked in after my brief encounter with Haydyn and loads of transfiguration practice. As I entered the Ravenclaw common room thinking of the rest of the homework I had to do I was reminded that I still had to do Potions, four parchments on Everlasting Elixirs. I thought Snape only hated gryffindors well, apparently not. I sighed at the thought of that as I took a seat I spotted Justin, a fellow fifth year well, I guess he was doing the same thing - Potions, I could tell because he had loads of parchment next to him and two he had a dreaded expression on his face. " Hey " I called out.

Last edited by wolfmoon on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brennana
Brennana

Galleons : 21733

PostSubject: Re: Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep.   Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep. EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 3:45 am

Jim, utterly perplexed that he had no homework, gaped at his school bag. He was starting NEWT classes. Surely he would have expected more homework than this. But, his thoughts were wrong as he checked his school workbook. There, in quickly scribbled ink, it said that his homework was all through with. He sighed, setting the book down on his bedside table, and Pulled off his school robe. He draped it over his bed post, and loosened up his tie a bit. The winter holidays were almost over, and he finished all the long term assignments that the professors set. Obviously, it was time to do what Jim did best. Practice.

Jim wandered down to the common room, his eyes looking around the vast room of books and chairs to find his barn owl, Soren. His eyes locked onto him sitting above the fireplace on the mantle that was decorated with garland. He began to walk over to his owl, but stopped, sighting a Ravenclaw boy sitting with four rolls of parchment sitting next to him. Jim raised a curious eyebrow and wandered over to the table. 'Oy, whaddya need four rolls of parchment for?" He asked, his eyes narrowing. Leave some for the rest of the people who have to do homework done, that magic parchment bin only refills once a day ya know," he said, a slight but audible edge to his tone.
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

PostSubject: Re: Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep.   Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep. EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 3:49 am

I looked up from the stupid essay to see a girl greeting me. She was a fifth year - I knew because she sat next to me in Transfiguration. She was good at it, too. I looked the other way to the guy that was talking to me. It was Jim - he sat in front of me at Charms. I chose to answer the girl first. "Hey." I nodded at her. "I'm Justin." I said, giving her a smile. I turned my attention to Jim. "Ask Snape, the dirty rat." I raised my eyebrows. "And I've only taken one from the extra pile, the other three are my own." I comment. I gesture at the girl to sit down.
Back to top Go down
Brennana
Brennana

PostSubject: Re: Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep.   Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep. EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 3:57 am

Jim stood there for a moment, examining the guy. He hadn't ever seen him before, so he probably wasn,'t in his year, which is why he probably had the long essay Jim never heard about. "Professor Shape set a four roll essay for you guys?" He asked, finding the story really far fetched. "What is it about?" He had never in his history at Hogwarts, heard of a professor setting that much homework on a student. Not even to Gryffindors, which it was obvious that Shape despised. Jim crossed his arms as he invited the girl to sit down. Clearly Jim was unwanted but he was curious and couldn't help himself. Plus, this guy was on his house so he would love to help if at all possible. "If you need any help, after you've finished, I'd be happy to look it over for revisions, by the way." He paused for a moment. "I'm Jim by the way. Sixth year. Jim Haven."
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

PostSubject: Re: Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep.   Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep. EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 4:09 am

"Oh, sorry." I said, having forgotten momentarily that I hadn't invited him to sit down. I made space for him too, then sighed. "Yeah, it's on Everlasting Elixirs. And I'm okay, I think I can do it myself." I was naturally arrogant this way, I never really let people help me, but this Jim person seemed like a nice guy. "Thanks for the offer, though." I tried, smiling.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep.   Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep. EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 4:17 am

Jim a senior came in throwing accusations around. Of course we knew that the magic parchment bin only refilled once a day, everybody needed it, so it wasn't just his to decide how much we took I thought as I saw Justin beckon me and I took a seat next to him. But, then I remembered that Jim was known for being a bit rude so I didn't really mind. I heard Jim's offer and Justin's response and said "Well that proves Snape's just a nasty git to everyone." I took out my own four rolls of parchment and asked Justin " So, how far have you come along with this?"
Back to top Go down
Brennana
Brennana

PostSubject: Re: Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep.   Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep. EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 4:32 am

Jim chuckled. True, Snape wasn't particularly kind to anyone. Shape had even given Jim a D on a practice OWL potion just for pointing out that the instructions on the board were not the same as in the book. Jim found this completely unfair, but he didn't argue because it was in his best interest to stay out of detention. He nodded to the justin, (remembering his name because they shared dormitories), deciding that if he didn't want his help, there was not a very good reason to stick around. He made his way to his owl, where he offered an arm, and Siren step pen onto it, hooting quietly and sleepily, waking from his day sleep. Jim then proceeded to the opposite corner of the room of the pair he had just encountered and took a chair by the window. He set Siren down on a stool before him. "Its okay," he whispered, his eyes flicking up to see of the people across the room were listening. It would look mighty strange to talk to an owl. "Just a bit of transfiguration." Siren gave a hoot as Jim drew his wand out of his sleeve. He raised it up over the head of the owl, and brought it down to his feet in a sweep, without uttering a spell. It was, after all, practice and it was always good to use nonverbal magic whenever necessary. The owl, starting with his talons, began to melt away into the air until the owl was there no more.
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

PostSubject: Re: Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep.   Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep. EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:20 pm

I glanced at the girl, clearing my throat. "So, uh..what's your name?" I asked nervously. "Like I said, uh, I'm Justin." she was making me nervous for no particular reason. I looked over at her. She had long, straight, shiny black hair, and really nice blue eyes.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep.   Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep. EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:42 pm

"You don't know me" I said raising my eyebrows. "I sit next to you in transfiguration. Remember, ringing any bells" I laughed at his obvious unease. " Well, till you try to remember I'll just see how much you have done." I said looking at his parchment. " Well, that's good progress I said giving him back his parchment. I'll just ask you when I need help and I hope you will do the same." saying this I dipped my quill in the inkpot and started writing.
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

PostSubject: Re: Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep.   Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep. EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:46 pm

I spent a full two minutes staring at her before I replied. "Yeah, I've seen you in Transfiguration, and, uh...you're good at it, too, but I don't know your name." I managed to stammer. "A...A something, your name starts with A...there's an I in it." I thought wildly. "Ariana?" I wondered aloud. "Okay, I give up. Tell me, please." Inside my head, I thought - how do I manage to get this girl to go to the Yule Ball with me? She must think I'm such an idiot.
Back to top Go down
Ravenclaw Runner
Admin

Galleons : 29590

PostSubject: Re: Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep.   Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep. EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 3:05 am

Ruthie Witz walked into the common room after a long day of classes. The amount of homework they had gotten in Potions that day had been ridiculous; four rolls of parchment. She even had to go up to the Girl's Dormitory to get extra parchment for the assignment because she was sure she would indeed be going over five rolls of parchment. She always did that with essays, going way over what the teacher asked. And the amount of parchment seemed to grow bigger with every essay.

As Ruthie sat down she saw a couple other fifth years and smiled at them. Taking her Potions textbook, quill, parchment, and ink pot out and setting them allow the table was quite the hassle. She really didn't want to do the Potions homework, but she knew she had to. If she fell behind she would never get a job in the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad and she would officially become a disgrace to the house of Ravenclaw. Shaking her thoughts off, she said, "Quite the bit of potions homework we got, isn't it?"
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartswitcheswizes.rpg-board.net
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep.   Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep. EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 4:59 am

"It is" I said greeting Ruthie. Then I said jokingly "Our fellow fifth year Justin has forgotten my name I wonder what that would be?" I finished half of my third parchment remembering that I still had to do some referring to ancient runes in the library and I would probably go for a walk to the lake after that. " Well I can't be bothered to write any more so I will just write it later because submission is on Friday anyways. I have to go to the library for some ancient runes reference so I'll see you guys later" I said apologetically. " Oh and my name's Adrianne" I said to Justin just as I got up to leave.
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

PostSubject: Re: Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep.   Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep. EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 5:08 am

"Hey, look, I'm sorry, I didn't --" I started, but smiled and shook my head. She was just saying it to annoy me. When she said her name, I felt like kicking myself. "I knew it!" I muttered. After she left, I tried to concentrate on my essay, but I couldn't. With a sigh, I rolled it up. "Forget homework." I muttered angrily. "Forget Snape. This isn't due until next week anyway." I stuffed it into my bag and walked down to the lake to get some air.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep.   Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep. Empty

Back to top Go down

Doing Homework and Trying not to fall asleep.
Page 1 of 1