HOGWARTS
HOGWARTS
HOGWARTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOGWARTS

Are you a witch or a wizard? If you are, then this is the place to be! Happy spell casting!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eating Breakfast

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kacky Snorgle

Galleons : 22063

Eating Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Eating Breakfast   Eating Breakfast EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 3:42 am

I walk upto the Gryffindor table and take a seat, bored. Ignoring the golden ladle, I grab nine rashers of bacon with my hands and stuff about four in my mouth. There's no one here, so I don't mind being messy. Besides, I'm starving. I need my sustenance if I want to survive double Divination. Thinking of that, I roll my eyes, now chewing on my fifth rasher. I reach for the dish of roast chicken, holding back my primitive self and this time using the handle, since those drumsticks look greasy. I drop five onto my plate, already reaching for some roast potatoes. Even if people walk by now, they will just think that I'm a glutton - they won't understand that by occupying myself with eating - or anything else that required my attention - I stop myself from being homesick. Yep, I'm homesick. At Hogwarts? some people might ask. But Hogwarts is nothing compared to my mother's sweet smile. She writes to me every day, and apologizes profusely by next letter if she has reason to skip one. I miss her smile. I miss her soft, dark brown, wavy hair, the hair that I inherited but looked so much better on her. I miss her hazel eyes, even though I see them every day in the mirror. People say I'm the picture of her, just smaller, like she was in her prime. But I say she's still in her prime - still beautiful, still smiling. I miss giving her begonias - the begonias that I grew magically for my mother, one day when she was sad.

A tear falls onto my sausages, making them saltier than necessary.
Saltier than necessary.
I'm not usually maudlin, but today, I feel like I have the right to be. It's her birthday.
Back to top Go down
Laura the Moose
Newbies
Newbies
Laura the Moose

Galleons : 20916

Eating Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Breakfast   Eating Breakfast EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 10:40 am

Caitlin walks in, actually, storms in. Although she was rarely angry, she had a right to be this time. Snape had given her detention for no reason other than she hadn't done her Potion's homework for more than a week. She knew what she was not taking next year.

Caitlin ended up sitting next to some other Gryffindor girl, who looked a bit sad. Caitlin never could actually cheer people up, she just made them feel worse more often or not. Still steaming over her detention she had to do later, she knocks over her drink. On purpose, just since she was furious.
Back to top Go down
http://acamphalfblood.forumotion.com/
Kacky Snorgle

Eating Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Breakfast   Eating Breakfast EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 10:51 am

I look over at the girl who has just spilled her drink onto the table, and it doesn't look like an accident. I gently picked up her goblet and refilled it. "Snape's a git, huh?" I ask softly, making a sour face at the mention of him.
Back to top Go down
Laura the Moose
Newbies
Newbies
Laura the Moose

Eating Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Breakfast   Eating Breakfast EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 10:56 am

"Of course." Caitlin says, glad that someone had noticed her. She hated not being in conversation. "Thanks." She adds, realizing that the other girl was being nice. "Detention today. Yay for me." She says also, in order to give the girl a view on why she was mad.
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

Eating Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Breakfast   Eating Breakfast EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 11:04 am

"He can certainly persuade someone to push him off a cliff sometimes." I said in agreement, my mouth twitching with a grin. My tears are drying now, and I take a Weasley-sized bite out of my saltier-than-necessary sausages. "Oh, and by the way - if you melt a cauldron in Potions during detention, Snape lets you go early, probably because he doesn't want to ruin his vintage dragonhide shoes with molten pewter. Just a tip."
Back to top Go down
Laura the Moose
Newbies
Newbies
Laura the Moose

Eating Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Breakfast   Eating Breakfast EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 11:10 am

"Sweet." Caitlin says, her eyes lighting up. She would make sure to melt a cauldron, and attempt to ruin his shoes. If she failed at first, well, she could always try again. "I've never tried that before." She adds, knowing that she had tried to wreck havoc on many of his various possessions.
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

Eating Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Breakfast   Eating Breakfast EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 12:59 am

"Yeah, most people haven't." I reply. I smile over at the girl. She has a cute red barette that almost blends in with her tomato-red hair, which is waist length. I'm almost lost in her sea-green eyes, that sparkle with a hint of mischief. "I'm Dani." I say, sticking out my slightly-damp-with-spilt-pumpkin-juice hand. "Short for Danika."
Back to top Go down
Laura the Moose
Newbies
Newbies
Laura the Moose

Eating Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Breakfast   Eating Breakfast EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 pm

Caitlin followed suit, sticking out her own hand. "Catlin Mewls, in my fourth year." She says, confidently. "Obviously in Gryffindor." She adds.
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

Eating Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Breakfast   Eating Breakfast EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 12:20 pm

I smiled. "Fifth year. Obviously in Gryffindor too." I shake her hand to find it warm and welcoming. A little self-conscious, I dry my eyes a little more with my smile becoming more and more strained as I remember why I was crying.
Back to top Go down
Laura the Moose
Newbies
Newbies
Laura the Moose

Eating Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Breakfast   Eating Breakfast EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:55 pm

Ooc: I'm going to draw Caitlin soon, once I get around to it.

Bic:
"So. " Caitlin says, a bit awkwardly. Dani seemed a bit sad still, and she had no idea how to change that fact. Still, she felt as if it was her job to cheer her up. Only Caitlin had no idea for a good conversation starter, although she would say that right out soon.
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

Eating Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Breakfast   Eating Breakfast EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 10:57 am

"So.." I continued to dry my eyes, my voice choking up. Take a deep breath, I told myself. Soon, I was able to focus on Caitlin. "Do you have a boyfriend?" I say, changing the topic. This was actually one I was interested in.
Back to top Go down
Laura the Moose
Newbies
Newbies
Laura the Moose

Eating Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Breakfast   Eating Breakfast EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:39 pm

Although Caitlin was glad that she was cheering up, this wasn't the topic type she was really into. "Surprisingly, no. I mean, who wouldn't want to date amazing me." She says, with her usual mischievous smile. Her voice was tinted with feigned self centeredness.
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

Eating Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Breakfast   Eating Breakfast EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 9:23 am

I laughed gently. "You don't seem that interested." I say softly. "You like to play Quidditch?"
Back to top Go down
Laura the Moose
Newbies
Newbies
Laura the Moose

Eating Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Breakfast   Eating Breakfast EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 6:58 pm

"Quidditch is amazing! I wish that I was on the team." Caitlin replies, her last sentence rather wistful. She had been practicing being Chaser, just in case of a lucky event that placed her in tryouts.
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

Eating Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Breakfast   Eating Breakfast EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:05 pm

"Well, yeah, you have the build for a Chaser." I say, trying to compliment her. "Strong arms and all." I turn my attention to my bacon, grabbing four more rashers.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

Galleons : 21099

Eating Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Breakfast   Eating Breakfast EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:09 am

"I agree. Quidditch is amazing. So Caitlin you're going for Chaser? It would be a good idea to try out for the team actually." I said as I took a seat. Then I turned to the other girl and said " You're Danika right? Fifth year? Hi, I'm Zaila, 4th year." I chose to eat some muffins, two pancakes, picked up some raspberries, took some cream of course and grabbed a glass of fruit juice waiting for a reply.
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

Eating Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Breakfast   Eating Breakfast EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:22 am

I glanced at this random fourth year that had simply barged in onto the conversation with raised eyebrows. But I would've probably done the same, so I didn't mind. "Hey." I said, giving her a smile. "Yeah, I'm Danika. Oh, Zaila. Cool name." I said, looking at her breakfast choices. "Sugary morning, huh?" I said, with a meaningful look. "Which means you're having a sour morning, to try and sweeten it up. What's got your wand in a knot?" I asked, biting into a succulent chicken leg.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

Eating Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Breakfast   Eating Breakfast EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 12:40 pm

" Actually, I just have a sweet tooth, I always choose loads of sugary things to eat weather its breakfast or lunch or dinner and Thanks for the name compliment." I replied finishing the absolutely delicious chocolate muffins. I had to beg the elves for the recipe I thought. "Also I'm sorry if you thought I barged into your conversation, I'm just always like that" I said putting cream and raspberries on my pancakes.
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

Eating Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Breakfast   Eating Breakfast EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 12:46 pm

I smiled. I'd just met this girl, and already she felt like my annoying, yet lovable sister. "You're like Haydyn. She's my sister. She's obsessed with anything that's got sugar in it. And don't worry - I'm a conversation barger too." I gave her a grin.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

Eating Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Breakfast   Eating Breakfast EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 1:36 pm

"It's good to know someone sort of like me. In fact sometimes its even fun if you barge in at a specific time stopping them from saying whatever they were going to say, they look so annoyed. Anyways that's a different matter so," I said with my grin growing wider " Are you going with someone to the Yule Ball? Please tell me if you are, it would be fun tease him about it. Oops, I was not suppose to tell you that bit." I said acting like I had made a mistake saying that, I took the last bite of my first pancake as I watched the humor grow in Danika's eyes. Amused she was, I could tell, she was just thinking of a suitable reply as I drained my glass of juice she started.
Back to top Go down
Ravenclaw Runner
Admin

Galleons : 29735

Eating Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Breakfast   Eating Breakfast EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 5:44 pm

I Z Z Y | R E B L E || G R Y F F I N D O R

Isabelle Reble walked up to the Gryffindor Table and sat down next to another fourth year. She had spent the night before flying her broomstick over the Quidditch Pitch in the moonlight. It had been quite refreshing and, as usual, she didn't get caught. Mr. Filch was always so oblivious to what was going on outside the castle at night.

Isabelle grabbed one pancake and a few slices of bacon. She dribble strawberry syrup on the pancakes. And cut off a bit and plopped it into her mouth. She then set her fork down and took a drink of pumpkin juice from her goblet. After putting her goblet down, she greeted the other Gryffindors casually, "Morning..."

Back to top Go down
https://hogwartswitcheswizes.rpg-board.net
Kacky Snorgle

Eating Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Breakfast   Eating Breakfast EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 1:57 am

I laughed at Zaila's comment. "Honestly," I said, trying to control my grin. "Would anyone ask me?" I said laughingly. "How 'bout you? You're old enough to go. My sister's nagging at me, asking me to give her 'tips' on how to get guys. As if I would know any." I waved the thought away. "Guys don't usually like amazing people like me. Hey, Izzy." I said, smiling at her. "Try the sausages, they're twice as good as usual." I exclaimed, passing the dish over to her side in case she wanted some.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

Eating Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Breakfast   Eating Breakfast EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 4:00 am

"Well you are pretty you know. I am sure sensible guys would be lining up to ask you but as you said guys don't like amazing people like you or like me" I said stuffing another bit of my pancake in my mouth I turned to Izzy who had just settled down and said " Hi, so what about you, who are you going to the Yule Ball with?" I asked continuing to eat my pancake.
Back to top Go down
Kacky Snorgle

Eating Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Breakfast   Eating Breakfast EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 4:03 am

"Lining up to ask me?" I burst out laughing. "That's a good one. You're pretty though, that could be true for you." I said, tilting my head to one side. That was the one gesture me and Haydyn had in common whenever we complimented someone. I looked at my watch and realised that it was time to send a letter to my mother. "Sorry, guys. I've got to go." I gave them all a brief smile, wondered yet again if anyone would ask me to the Yule Ball, and set off for the Owlery at a run with my bag slung awkwardly over my shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

Eating Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Breakfast   Eating Breakfast EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 10:57 am

As Danika looked at her watch and rushed of to send a letter I realized that it must be late and I had to go to for Herbology and did not want to be late so I gulped down my breakfast and took my leave. I hurried out of the Great Hall and climbed the grand staircase to get a book I had forgotten in the commonroom wondering whether I would have time to go for Quidditch practice in the fourth or fifth period and hoped I would not get much homework today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eating Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Breakfast   Eating Breakfast Empty

Back to top Go down

Eating Breakfast
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next